Web Software Developer and 508 Compliance
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
We at Perspecta are currently seeking a Web Software Developer and 508 Compliance in Washington DC to support our government customer - Public Trust
The Operations Task Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Designs, develops, operates and maintains static and dynamic web sites and applications for multiple internet and intranet sites with demonstrated expertise in using languages and tools, such as Mindbreeze, Google Analytics and Drupal.
- Operates, maintains and administers web development, presentation and hosting tools, products and databases to include media, content management, trouble ticket tracking and version control systems.
- Assists CWS with collecting information and prepares documents required in the Certification and Accreditation of its systems.
- Properly tag sites and content.
- Creates and converts graphics and multimedia for web sites.
- Understands 508 compliance and ensure sites and content are 508 Compliance.
- Uses industry best standards.
- Prepare web and digital content that meets or exceeds the accessibility standards for electronic and information technology as defined by the Access Board under Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Test and evaluate all content to ensure it meets Section 508 guidelines for accessibility before publication to production systems.
- Use secure digital resource coding and development practices. Before deployment to production, and periodically thereafter, scan all code for known security-related vulnerabilities using government provided tools, and resolve discovered vulnerabilities. Support CWS in Certification and Accreditation of its sites and systems, and periodic security assessment.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality digital services, multimedia and applications.
- Design and develop websites and pages conforming to user requirements and CWS established style guides. Integrate digital usability best practices and aesthetics into design to create digital services that are devoid of ambiguity and present a satisfying user experience.
- Develop and post multi-browser/device compatible content to the digital services in a variety of formats as appropriate.
- Implement, administer, update and operate the software and tools used in the development and publication of websites. Provide expertise in the selection of other supporting software products.
- Comply with federally-mandated HSTS and HTTPS protocol on all domains for which CWS is responsible and provide assistance to government components in their compliance with the requirements.
- Develop content migration scripts to move content from static environments to open source CMS.
- Integrate third party tools, including Social Media and collaboration tools, into websites and digital resources
- Test all developed products in the development and/or testing environments and migrate to production environment only upon receiving a satisfactory approval from CWS or its delegates.
Education and Experience Required:
6+ years of experience
Experience with Mindbreeze, Google Analytics and Drupal
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)