Maximize the value of Pfizer products to Chinese patients and health care professional within Pfizer’s vision and mission. Develop China medical development and life-cycle management strategy for inline products and pipeline within Pfizer China business objectives and strategy. Provide state of the art medical and clinical development expertise to drive Pfizer clinical trials. Establish platform and channel with China academic organization in defined therapeutic area to delivery Pfizer products message to key influencers and stakeholders. Build effective medical advisor interface and provide professional medical training to support commercial teams to achieve their objectives.
Lead and develop product life-cycle management strategy from medical perspective to maximize product’s value and long term development.
- Develop and execute medical plan for the defined therapeutic area(s) aligning with products development strategy
- Identify medical opportunity in current trends of diagnosis, existing/emerging treatment options , and unmet medical needs in defined therapeutic area as medical base for business initiative and decisions
- Evaluate new products, new indications, new research programs, new business potentials of defined therapeutic areas from medical perspective to support business decisions
- Input and evaluate phase IV study strategies, and drive its endorsement from company
- Oversee and manage local Non-interventional Study (NIS) study
- Review and endorse Investigator Initiate research proposal to ensure its scientific standard and strategy fit
- Develop and execute publication plan, provide input to the publication plan, provide ideas for generating manuscripts of scientific interest, and actively review manuscripts and abstracts to ensure medical and scientific accuracy
- Work with BU marketing and sale leaders on therapeutic strategies and key issues resolution from medical point of view
- Review and approve medical dossier for drug reimbursement listing, pricing bidding and other access related issues.
- Provide medical input to Medical Information (MI) team on Local Standard Response Document (LSRD)
- Review and approve Local Standard Response Letter to HCPs
- Provide medicine or/and therapeutic expertise to other medical and non-medical team members
- Communicate medical update to internal and external customer and answer complicated medical queries.
Develop sale team medical capability through medical training ,lecture delivery and medical knowledge update through various channel
- Design/conduct effective training programs on field force supporting programs to develop sale team’s medical capability, and solve key medical issues.
Support products registration activities
- Provide medical advice to registration trials protocol synopsis and study report
- Review and approve of local product labeling (LPD)
- Review and approve medical justification document to support LPD related queries from drug administration agency
- Provide medical input in feasibility evaluation of global and local trials
- Provide input on study site selection from therapeutic prospective
Enhance the delivery of new concept and Pfizer products key message to key influencers /stakeholders, and establish cooperation and partnership with medical association to promote medical advancement
- Set up top national level KOL database, and effective medical communication plan through various approaches , and ensure its implementation
- Establish strategic partnership with local medical association through appropriate medical programs
- Cooperate with local medical association to facilitate new concept and the state of the art medical progress
- Provide medical support to China clinical practice guideline development, scientific interpretation and promotion
Act as a core member to work with cross function team on crisis management to maintain company’s image and protect patient’s welfare
- Perform medical evaluation, explanation on the event
- Approve medical responding document
- Provide medical expert opinion and guidance on company responding strategy
- Review and approve all external communication documents to make sure all delivered message are medically precise and consistent
- Communicate with external customers directly for medical issues as necessary
Provide medical expert opinion in safety events management to avoid negative impact
- Coach the team to provide professional medical consultation to Safety Officer to solve Pfizer products’ safety query
Ensure company’s medical compliance
- Act as the sole reviewer to ensure educational grants within medical compliance
- Review and approve promotional materials and activities to ensure their scientific standard and medical compliance with external and internal requirements.
REQUIRED SKILL SET
Therapeutic area knowledge: training in Medicine or Life Science; knowledge on the therapeutic area will be a plus.
Language: Proficiency in oral and written English
Good understanding about pharmaceutical business
Computer: Good at Microsoft Office software
Strong business acumen
Cross functional leadership skill
Strong communication and influencing skill
Clinical Medicine background, Master Degree or above, Ph D or MD in the defined therapeutic area is preferred
Three years or above medical affairs experience in multinational pharmaceutical companies
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.