All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives. Right now, we are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position located in Istanbul
Pfizer Learning Academy is a division underneath Pfizer Digital. PLA unites all different Learning & Development groups across Pfizer into 1 single team, generating a more complete learner experience and a simplified engagement model across the L&D portfolio. In this context we are looking for a Team Lead for the Turkey PLA team. The PLA Team Lead will report to the PLA Delivery Lead EM (Emerging Markets) and will be part of the EM Leadership Team.
The position has both people management and strategic/operational responsibilities:
· orchestrates the PLA L&D delivery in Turkey, leading the local TM team.
· works with global, regional and local stakeholders to develop new training programs addressing the needs of the Turkey affiliate and in line with the EM and Global PLA strategy.
Given the ongoing globalization of Pfizer enabling functions and a desired alignment of practices across the EM region, we are looking for a change agent that will be able to create appropriate balance between securing local L&D service continuity on the one hand, and driving the required change management on the other hand. The selected candidate will be the PLA ambassador towards both team members as the business clients, and will drive the implementation of new global strategies in the assigned market.
This role will require intense collaboration with above-market PLA teams, the local Turkey Digital Client Partner and other Turkish stakeholders.
What you can expect:
· Lead the delivery of Global training and change management programs, projects, and initiatives to the entire Pfizer Turkey organization.
· Lead the identification, development and delivery of Local training strategies and programs in line with local laws, regulations, and business needs, whilst managing the local agreed training budget. Manage the collection of key L&D metrics for Turkey in agreement with Turkey Leadership Team
· Drive the change management of Pfizer ecosystems (tools and processes) to regional & global standards in conjunction with the Category Leads and Country Manager and other Leadership Team stakeholders.
· Work locally with key stakeholders and all other Senior Clients as a consultant to gain a deep understanding of local business priorities and needs and develop partnership agreements that respond to those needs.
· Drive an efficient collaboration with Global L&D and EM LT that will support Turkey.
· Lead the local team and guide them in the localization of global programs as needed to fit local requirements and execute implementation plans. The ambition should be no/minimal local adjustments or (re)development.
· Provide local market insights to the global and EM learning strategy teams to ensure the global offering meets the complex local requirements.
· Turkey L&D Delivery
o Lead the delivery of Global training and change management programs, projects and initiatives to the entire organization.
o Lead the identification, development and delivery of Local training strategies and programs in line with local laws, regulations and business needs, whilst managing the local agreed training budget. Manage the collection of key L&D metrics in agreement with CLT.
o Drive the change management of Pfizer ecosystems (tools and processes) to regional/global standards in conjunction with the BU heads and other CLT stakeholders.
· Partnerships & collaboration
o Drive a key account management approach to local stakeholders in close partnership with the Digital Client Partner and global learning strategy teams to transform insights into projects and initiatives supporting Pfizer Turkey.
o Work locally with Business Unit & Country Heads & all other Senior Clients as a consultant to gain a deep understanding of local business priorities and needs and develop partnership agreements that respond to those needs.
o Drive an efficient collaboration with Global L&D operations colleagues who will support Turkey.
· People Management
o Lead the local team.
o Promote and drive the adoption of the PLA EM strategy towards team members.
o Guide the local Training Managers in the localization of Global programs as needed to fit local requirements and execute implementation plans. The ambition should be no/minimal local adjustments or (re)development.
· Contribution to the EM & Global PLA strategy
o Provide local market insights to the global and EM learning strategy teams to ensure the global offering meets the complex local requirements.
o Contribute to the development of the training Operating Plan to agree key training priorities in line with the business needs, and secure budget.
o Secure alignment of the Turkey L&D activities to the global & EM PLA strategy.
· Undergraduate and/or graduate degree
· Education: Educated to university and/or master degree level or equivalent
· Min. 10 years of professional experience
· Evidence of successful cross-functional & cross-cultural working and ability to collaborate
· Evidence of a Leadership style that results in a positive impact on colleagues at all levels and disciplines
· Experience of presenting and working at a BU Leadership level or Regional and Global level
· Candidates should be based in the assigned market(s)
· Fluent in English
· Previous training and commercial experience preferred, or demonstrated transferable experience
· Proven track record in change management and strategic leadership with evidence of problem solving and decision making to positively impact business results
· Previous team leadership and direct people management experience strongly preferred
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
School of Leaders
We, as Pfizer Turkey, make a difference with our visionary and pioneering approaches ranging from our concept of raising leaders through rotations, providing international career opportunities to creating a flexible, enjoyable work environment. There are no limits to what we can accomplish to touch lives here!
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Pfizer is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. We apply science and our global resources to deliver innovative therapies that extend and significantly improve lives. We make medicines and vaccines that help people when they are sick and prevent them from getting sick in the first place. Every day, our colleagues work in developed and emerging markets to ...