At Pfizer, you’ll find an inclusive environment, challenging projects and the opportunity to own your career. Seize the ability to think differently and collaborate with innovative minds to influence some of the most critical issues facing healthcare worldwide. Foster your career and join a team that is striving for breakthroughs that change patients’ lives.
What You Will Achieve
The Strategy & Consulting (S&C) Summer Associate is part of our Chief Business Innovation Office and is responsible for working on projects or specific pieces of work to shape, develop, and enable execution of strategies that will advance and purposefully grow the business.
Each Strategy & Consulting Summer Associate will report into a project area “Vertical.” The Verticals are described below.
- Primary Care: Encompasses Vaccines including COMIRNATY, Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine, Internal Medicine, and anti-virals including PAXLOVID, Pfizer’s Covid treatment.
- Specialty Care and Oncology: Encompasses Inflammation & Immunology, Rare Disease, Hospital and Oncology franchises, including Breast, Lung, Renal, Hematology, etc.
- International Development Markets (IDM) and Emerging Markets (EM): The IDM business spans all our TAs and products in key developed markets outside the US, including (but not limited to) the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Canada, Australia, etc. The EM business spans all our TAs and products in key emerging markets across the globe, including (but not limited to) Turkey, India, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, as well as additional markets in Africa, Middle East, Asia, Latin America, etc.
- Corporate and R&D: Encompasses a wide range of Corporate Functions and Research and Development, both Worldwide Research, Development & Medical as well as Global Product Development
While this position reports into the S&C team organizationally, this person will stay connected to key business challenges and opportunities as articulated by the Business Unit (BU) leadership teams, ensuring that there is alignment with strategic priorities, and/or recommending adjustments to priorities when necessary. The scope of the role will include contributions to BU strategic planning, contributions to projects related to key strategic issues, and insight and assessment of market signals that could impact business performance or strategic direction.
The S&C Summer Associate will need to be highly proactive, work collaboratively with other groups, have strong attention to detail along with written, verbal and listening skills, presentation skills, teaming, facilitation, mental agility, and relationship building skills.
How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the development of business strategies at a global, and where appropriate, a local level, by managing workstreams across a portfolio of projects that provide insight and direction on key strategic levers, such as market development, customer needs assessment, competitive advantage, market and/or product prioritization.
- Contribute to the completion of annual strategic plans, as well as aligned strategic action plans.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of market dynamics in order to identify market trends and appropriately assess opportunities and guide strategic direction. Provide perspective on the potential impact of external market signals that could impact future business performance.
- Understand the priorities of the internal BU business partners and/or corporate functional leads to understand business needs and represent the current status of opportunity evaluations.
- Actively participate in the assigned S&C team learning opportunities through hands on project experiences, role-specific professional development trainings, and sharing sessions, supporting Pfizer strategy through the perspective and experience of the organizations you support.
- Under the direction of an S&C Sr. Manager, Director, or Senior Director, manage project workstreams, comprised of teams of colleagues with varying levels of experience, coaching and developing them to build capability and performance.
- Create an engaging and productive work environment where team members are encouraged to collaborate and excel.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrolled in a Full-Time MBA program
- 1st year student graduating in spring 2025
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience
- Basic understanding of trends and market dynamics in US and Global healthcare and biopharmaceuticals, basic understanding of competitor strategies, and basic understanding of the drug development process.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders without direct authority (Department leaders and functional counterparts). Must be able to influence a wide range of stakeholders, including commercial and research & development leaders.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to tee up the right questions, identify alternative scenarios, articulate resulting implications, and develop recommendations for decision-making or action.
- Ability to understand and translate market and competitive dynamics into strategic implications for the BUs.
- Demonstrated project leadership potential, managing workstreams and small teams of cross-functional colleagues with varying backgrounds and skillsets.
- Basic understanding of finance and P&L implications of any strategy
- Ability to work with complex information and distill into a framework that helps facilitate decision making, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority, while prioritizing and managing time effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, sufficient to address Global BU Leadership and external audiences.
- Demonstrated high learning agility, “team player” mentality, and positive attitude and poise under pressure.
- Strong command of English language, spoken and written.
- Immediate authorization to work on a full-time, permanent basis in the https://U.S. without the employer’s sponsorship. Please note that Pfizer will not be able to provide visa or permanent residence sponsorship for this job or any derived full-time opportunity.
- Degree in life sciences
- Healthcare/biopharma management consulting experience
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply: December 1st, 2023.
- Work Location Assignment: Summer Associates work out of Pfizer’s Global Headquarters in Manhattan and will be expected to come into the office 2-3 days a week to connect and innovate with their team face-to-face.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $81,100 to $135,100.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.