MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
Maximize the value of Pfizer products to Chinese patients and healthcare professionals within Pfizer’s vision and mission. Develop KOLs management strategy and action plan. Establish a regional platform and channel with China's regional academic organization in a defined therapeutic area to deliver Pfizer products' message to key influencers and stakeholders independently. Build an effective regional medical advisor interface and provide professional medical training to support sales teams in achieving their objectives independently.
Develop sale team medical capability through field-based medical-to-medical communication and KOL management independently
- Lead mapping/ profiling of regional-level KOLs.
- Establish good academic relationships with regional academic organizations at defined therapeutic areas.
- Organize and lead regional level medical to medical meetings with KOLs to deliver medical information on the defined therapeutic areas and assigned products
- Cooperate with local regional medical societies to conduct medical programs/conferences to facilitate new concepts and state-of-the-art medical progress introduction to China
- Communicate technical information and product updates to healthcare professionals aligned with Pfizer China's corporate goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Pfizer colleagues to actively support medical and scientific meetings with medical input and insights.
- Speak at medical communication meetings at national and regional levels.
- Meet customer medical needs and expectations with regard to assigned Brand(s) for delivery of product messages to key influencers (KOLs)
Drive regional business decision-making independently
- Develop a regional medical strategy for inline product life cycle management
- Initiate and lead medical programs alone at the regional level with internal and external customers to assist deliver product strategy and key information.
- Collect, analyze and report timely local customer medical insights to input on product strategy and message development.
- Work with a (senior) medical advisor, product manager, regional promotion manager and sales manager proactively to assist product strategy implementation.
Develop sale team medical capability through internal medical training independently
- Initiate and implement independent medical activities to strengthen sales colleagues’ product and therapeutic areas knowledge at the regional level.
- Lead new sales colleagues’ medical training
- Provide customized responses for common medical queries in the field for assigned products.
- Present at POA and regional sales meetings for medical information.
Enhance local data generation from the medical aspect to maximize products’ value and long-term development
- Discuss research concept with the interested researchers, and communicated the nature and requirement of Pfizer’s IIR based on IIR strategies
- Facilitate submission of investigator-initiated pre-clinical and clinical proposals, and act as a Liaison between Pfizer and IIR researcher
- Review and track IIR independently with good quality and the required timeline
- Facilitate research proposal screening and study placement and follow-up activities
- Support Pfizer-sponsored non-interventional studies and other medical programs if applicable
Provide medical expert opinion in safety events management to avoid negative impact.
- Provide professional medical consultation to Safety Officer to solve Pfizer products’ safety query
- If taking the clinician role: provide the clinical safety oversight including performing and documenting regular reviews of individual subject safety data and performing reviews of cumulative safety data with the safety risk lead (as delegated by the clinical lead).
- If taking the clinical lead role: Consistent with Safety Review Plan (SRP), performs and documents regular reviews of individual subject safety data, and conducts a review of cumulative safety data with the safety risk lead. As appropriate, the clinical lead may delegate these responsibilities to the study clinician identified in the SRP. The specific components of safety data review are detailed in the Safety Data Review Guide –for Clinicians and in SAF09 SOP. For all studies, a clinical safety review should be performed in consultation with a designated medical monitor if neither the clinical lead nor clinicians are medically qualified.
Ensure the company’s compliance.
- Support Company FCPA activities: act as the sole reviewer to ensure educational grants within medical compliance as needed
- Ensure all promotional materials are medically accurate and compliant with external and internal requirementsas needed
Partner with legal and regulatory colleagues to ensure high-quality medical content of all promotional activities as needed
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- Therapeutic area knowledge: familiar with the disease knowledge and clinical practice of the therapeutic area
- Language: Proficiency in oral and written English
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical business
- Computer: Good at Microsoft Office software
- Strong business acumen
- Cross-functional leadership skill
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Sustain focus on performance
- Manage change
- Seeks opportunities to receive and provide knowledge and leading practices
- Align across Pfizer
Master's degree or above in medicine and medical relevant area.
Good medical knowledge of the defined therapeutic area
Good understanding of the pharmaceutical business
Proficiency in English and good computer usage
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.