The Outcomes & Evidence (O&E) Team is responsible for generating evidence to demonstrate the value of our medicines and vaccines to inform access decision-making in the UK and ensure UK patients have timely access to Pfizer’s breakthroughs.
The O&E Team Lead is responsible for leading a team of Outcomes Research (OR) and Real-World Evidence (RWE) scientists. You will drive functional excellence, integrated and aligned evidence strategies, tactical execution and refinement, talent attraction and retention and resource planning. You will supervise the O&E team to ensure they deliver timely OR and RWE studies and insights to the wider Health & Value (H&V) team to support market access.
You will report to the head of H&V team and be a critical member of the H&V Leadership Team (HVLT) helping to drive pro-innovation reimbursement policies, accelerate market access and create an empowered and equitable culture for H&V. You will work closely with the wider directorate and cross-functional partners, especially the Evidence Generation and Scientific Partnership Team within UK Medical and wider medical affairs teams, as well as global Evidence Generation colleagues.
- Be an active member of the HVLT, shaping the vision and strategy, particularly as it relates to evidence generation methods and policies that can positively impact the reimbursement landscape in the UK
- Direct & implement efficient processes for OR and RWE, related skills and methodology required for optimising early pipeline decisions, HTA submissions and innovative market access
- Be an ambassador for H&V as an Outcomes/RWE expert both internally and externally, as well as supporting a one-H&V mindset within the team
- Foster a team culture that embraces collaboration, innovation, and scientific excellence combined with pragmatism to achieve timely access-based deliverables.
- Encourage and build an environment of autonomy in decision making, allowing team members an independence to lead on elements of strategy and a courage to test and fail fast
- Focus on creating new capabilities to meet the needs of the evolving healthcare landscape, data generation and communication
- Facilitate continual evolution of simplified UK evidence generation governance/compliance processes consistent with Global/UK SOPs
- Work in collaboration with the HTA and Asset & Access (A&A) Team to ensure the O&E activities are aligned with the end-to-end Market Access (MAx) strategy
- Work in close collaboration with local medical affairs colleagues to triage requirements for data generation, taking a lead on market access-based deliverables synergistically with the clinical/medical plan
- Build strong global partnerships so that the O&E team can provide early input into global evidence generation strategies for pipeline assets to optimise and accelerate UK patient access
- Partner effectively with medical colleagues to create streamlined processes, ways of working and governance to optimise the UK research environment internally and externally
- Participate in key cross-divisional task forces to help improve processes and standards across H&V or One-Pfizer
Quality assurance of O&E Projects
- Ensure comprehensive gap analyses are completed for pipeline and early launch products to identify key opportunities for outcome innovation and real-world evidence that amplifies the patient narrative and accelerates reimbursement
- Support design of key projects/initiatives with measurable outcomes, milestones, and a plan to fail fast, iterate on learning, and design future successful work
- Accountable for endorsement of OR & RWE strategies that are aligned with UK medical and global colleagues, and delivery of impactful study proposals and publications
- Drive best practice sharing across the team in support of strategy development and deepening team skills and competencies. Proactively identify and address methodological issues that may affect O&E research to support Pfizer products.
- Oversee the development and delivery of O&E plans and provide clear guidance for the team to maximise business impact across the portfolio
- Bring experience to vendor management, including meeting budget, timelines, and timely completion of deliverables
- In partnership with the Head of Health & Value and HVLT, ensure O&E resources are deployed effectively to ensure effective reimbursement decision making, business continuity and transformative potential
- Lead recruitment, coaching/mentoring, and training of the O&E team
Role Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Degree in life sciences, public health, health informatics, epidemiology, or biostatistics
- Advanced degree in public health, outcomes research, health innovation, or epidemiology
- Team leader with strong track record of high level of engagement and delivering results
- Experience in outcomes research and/or real-world evidence generation
- Experience in healthcare innovation, preferably including digital, data, and/or MedTech
- Experience in pharmaceutical or related field required
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative research skills, with ability to build, adapt and critique patient outcomes research and real-world evidence
- Demonstrated skills in protocol development and conducting/interpreting multivariate statistical analysis
- Talent in communicating highly technical information to diverse audiences (technically trained and non-technical), and design/implementation of robust communication plans
- Existence of, or ability to develop, internal and external networks
- Executive presence and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated time management skills, including the ability to manage own time and others time to meet deadlines and to respond to dynamic business needs
- Ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, think strategically and tackle complex problems, intellectual curiosity and ability to spot trends/gaps/opportunities
- Resilience to change management challenges and proven leadership skills to drive cutting edge initiatives forward
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines, and rapidly shifting priorities
Reports to: Head of Health & Value
Direct reports: 4 Outcomes & Evidence Senior Managers, 2 Outcomes & Evidence Managers, 1 Research Operations & Compliance Associate Manager
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we encourage you to put your best self forward with the knowledge and trust that we will make any reasonable adjustments necessary to support your application and future career. Our mission is unleashing the power of our people, especially those with unique superpowers. Your journey with Pfizer starts here!