nstalling, upgrading and supporting IBM and ISV products that are hosted on the platform.
• z/OS is responsible for participating in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with software and may work directly with software vendors to resolve the problems.
You are also responsible for Disaster Recovery readiness of the platform including products used for DR, maintaining the accuracy of the DR plans, and participating in DR tests as required.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Installation and support for mainframe infrastructure software technologies that may include any of the following: z/OS, Unix System Services, TCP/IP, VTAM, Connect Direct(NDM), ACF2, OPS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JES2, SDSF, PSF, Assembler
• Ability to install, maintain and manage mainframe hardware replication software supporting geographically dispersed data centers.
• Performing 2nd or 3rd level technical support for mainframe infrastructure software.
• Assist service partners in problem resolution. Follow-up and communicate unresolved problems.
• Provide 24x7 oncall coverage on a rotational basis and general problem resolution support to our service partners.
• Work cooperatively with our peer mainframe technical support teams, application development teams, and their lines of business.
• Communicate effectively with service partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies. Continually define ways to increase service partner satisfaction and deepen partner relationships.
• As opportunities arise, plan, lead, design, and coordinate technology projects across multiple teams and across multiple organizational layers
• Manages the requirements for planning, organizing, and implementing enterprise-wide technology infrastructure and configuration management functions.
• Leads the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of major configuration changes from acquisition to termination.
• Oversees the effective implementation and use of the configuration management process, methodology, tools, procedures, and audit activities.
• Perform job responsibilities in a manner consistent with corporate and technology risk management standards
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
• Effective time-management and prioritization skills
Additional Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
• Experience with DellEMC GDDR Software
• Build out a mainframe DevOps pipeline
• Build out continuous delivery and pipeline for mainframe
• Experience in installing software to z/OS
• Experience in Unix System Services and z/OS Management Facility desired
• Agile / Devops Experience desired (Jenkins Build engine, GIT, Eclipse)
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced https://applications.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse https://situations.Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of https://improvement.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse https://situations.IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and https://procedures.Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business https://plan.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit https://pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@https://pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.