ngineering Manager Sr responsible to plan, design, and implement a strategy moving a high throughput, low latency, and highly intelligent transaction processing to on prem/cloud environments. You will be a technical leader driving out the solutions to process in both public clouds as well as privately hosted cloud environments. The Decision Management platform delivers industry leading intelligence with business agility at global scale to power products that protect our customers from fraud, handle originations, help in client servicing and collections. Decision Management leverages innovative new technologies including multi-layered rule engines, real time feature stores leverage extreme performance in memory data grids, a streaming big data cluster, business intelligence tooling, self-service business rule capabilities, and web apps & API for providing customers control and insights for their decisions. The ideal candidate is a strong technical leader, highly motivated and innovative, passionate about technology, creates strong partnerships, and has a proven track record for architecting and delivering mission critical solutions that meet customers' needs, aligned to enterprise standards, and are cost effective.
In this position, you will:
• Provide thought leadership for the ongoing re-architecture of the Decision Management applications to enable capability driven, microservices oriented decision blocks.
• Work with Product Owners and Architectural Leadership to drive out the strategic roadmap for the platform and ensure appropriate architectural and technical items are suitably prioritized.
• Work in collaboration with other architects within decision management & wider PNC Operations and Technology to ensure that architectural principles are aligned where appropriate.
• Be responsible for producing key Architectural Documentation including Overviews and Roadmaps, using these to ensure formal architectural governance is correctly applied.
• Create a technology roadmap for enabling decision management platform with the help of cloud native managed services/ products
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• Experience architecting and operating mission critical, high volume, low latency services onto elastic infrastructure ranging from public cloud to private data centers.
• Experienced with architecting high performance application data services against data stores with very large amounts of data
• Experience with real time data streaming tools such as Kafka, Storm, NIFI, AWS Kinesis, Azure Stream Analytics
• Experience transforming on-prem solutions to a hybrid cloud environment
• Experience with multi cloud providers
• Experience with microservices architecture
• Experience with running AI engines/rules engines and data caching technologies
• Experience with distributed compute solutions
• Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to translate complex technical information for senior management and product team
• Experience providing technical thought leadership across an organization
• Experience working in BPMN and DMN products (PEGA, FICO, Open sources etc.) is a plus
• Practical knowledge operating on products like Snowflakes, Databricks on cloud (Azure preferred or in AWS)
Manage a group of software engineers/managers across multiple product lines.
Oversee the talent management of engineering talent, including recruiting, mentoring, and enabling a culture of learning with a focus on engineering craftsmanship.
Foster technological innovation, ensuring adoption of current trends, capabilities, and practices emerging in the market. Encourage sound technology choices are made and drive innovative technology architecture and solution design.
Identify issues, share best practices, and drive continuous improvement.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Agile Development - Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications.
Application Development Tools - Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Coaching Others - Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Continuous Learning - Seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own performance and that of others.
Design Thinking - Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.
Emerging Technologies - Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Influencing - Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Innovation - Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry-relevant experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. Proven leadership experience with a moderate to large scope of responsibility is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at [email protected]. Please include "accommodation request" in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.