Actuarial - Actuarial
Actuarial Analytics and Reporting project journey is seeking a team member with a tech-forward and innovative mindset to serve as a business systems/actuarial analyst on a New Way of Work (NWoW) Team. This Agile team is made up of members from FAC (Finance and Actuarial Community) and Global Technology working collaboratively to support initiatives ranging from supporting the future state reporting architecture to designing data visualization tools used for enhanced analysis.
The team’s current project is SLAM (Stat Liability Automation and Modernization); with the objective of designing and implementing an enterprise Stat reserve datalake to enabling the streamlining/automating of Stat reporting requirements within the FAC for all business units.
• Proactively identify technology solutions and influence business objectives. Work closely with end-users in Actuarial and Finance to define business needs and identify pain points related to the Statutory Close process
• Be able to translate business requirements of end-users into actionable specs for the NWoW team of developers and provide support throughout the build process.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to gather, define, and align various modeled reserve results into a new standardization process within AWS (Amazon Web Services) to help to streamline reporting
• Influence the design of the future state reporting architecture, obtain SME support as needed
• Lead business requirement documentation, implementation testing, and control affirmation for new features designed by the team
• Help to drive the design of dynamic analysis tools in PowerBI for the end users in Actuarial to provide new lenses into modeled results that have not been readily available before for Stat Reporting
• Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies as part of the project planning process
• Willingness to dig into complex tangled processes and come out with innovatie proposals for enhancements
• Enthusiastic, curious, resourceful, and a self-starter comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment outside of the traditional BAU reporting functions
• Collaborative, Detail-oriented, and organized
• Proven ability to work with broad teams to accomplish goals
• Familiarity with actuarial concepts, financial reporting (specifically Stat requirements) and/or ILI, Annuities, Retirement, or LTC products
• Familiarity with PowerBI or similar reporting tools preferred
• 2+ years of experience in actuarial, finance or relevant reporting field
• Familiarity working in an Agile project management structure a plus but not required
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $103,https://100.00 to $153,https://500.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit https://www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at staffingagencies@https://prudential.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email https://accommodations.hw@https://prudential.com.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email https://careers.technicalsupport@https://prudential.com to request assistance.