Technology - Engineering & Cloud
Are you interested in building capabilities that enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency? The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA! When you join our organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock an exciting and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Your Team & Role
As a ServiceNow Platform Engineer on the Global Technology ITSM Team, you will partner with product owners, tech leads, designers, engineers and delivery professionals to improve the ServiceNow. You will code, test and debug new and existing applications as you implement capabilities to solve sophisticated business problems, deploy innovative products, services and experiences to delight our customers! In addition to advanced technical expertise and experience, you will bring excellent problem solving, communication and teamwork skills, along with agile ways of working, strong business insight, an inclusive leadership attitude and a continuous learning focus to all that you do.
Here is What You Can Expect on a Typical Day
• Configure and build applications ensuring that the solution follows latest practices and industry standards for ServiceNow, using modern design patterns and architectural principles
• Develop high quality, well documented and efficient code adhering to all applicable Prudential standards that stay aligned with platform vendor roadmap and direction
• Design the business logic and integration patterns with Prudential Ecosystem, using modern integration, data, and security patterns
• Write unit, integration tests and functional automation, researching problems discovered by product support, developing solutions to address the problems
• Bring a strong understanding of relevant and emerging technologies, and embed learning and innovation in the day-to-day
• Work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
• Developing, configuring and delivering solutions on ServiceNow platform including, but not limited to core setup, workflow administration, reporting, data imports, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations
• Attend agile team and stakeholders meetings to obtain business requirements, offer solutions, and provide input on ServiceNow capabilities.
• Support product owner and tech lead in defining future stories and technical designs
The Skills & Expertise You Bring
• Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
• 3-5 years of hands-on experience of with ServiceNow Development
• Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
• Knowledge of business concepts tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business
• Ability to learn new skills and knowledge on an on-going basis through self-initiative and tackling challenges
• Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills
• Experience and/or expertise with the following:
• Application Programming Interfaces (API): REST, SOAP
• Unit, interface and end user testing concepts and tooling (functional & non-functional)
• Knowledge with ServiceNow administration, development and troubleshooting
• Configuration and administration of core capabilities, data model, integrations, security, access control
You’ll Love Working Here Because You Can
Join a team and culture where your voice matters; where every day, your work transforms our experiences to make lives better. As you put your skills to use, we’ll help you make an even bigger impact with learning experiences that can grow your technical AND leadership capabilities. You’ll be surprised by what this rock-solid organization has in store for you.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $93,https://200.00 to $138,https://600.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit https://www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at staffingagencies@https://prudential.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email https://accommodations.hw@https://prudential.com.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email https://careers.technicalsupport@https://prudential.com to request assistance.