Financial Services Analytics Director - Asset Management
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Analytics
- Location New York, NY
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
PwC works with companies to evaluate and enhance indirect tax processes and/or systems to get better control over data and manage costs, including implementation of technology.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 8
Minimum Degree Required: Master's degree in statistics or similar quantitative discipline
Degree Preferred: Master's degree of Business Administration degree or Masterâ€™s degree in a quantitative discipline or field of study, including statistics, economics, operations research, and/or engineering.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities as a team leader, emphasizing a deep understanding of the asset management and insurance industry; including macro-economic effects and cycles, and key drivers and knowledge of all aspects of the business (marketing, sales, distribution, operations, pricing, products, finance, risk, etc.).
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in managing analytic and BI efforts in several of the following areas:
- Creating and applying analytic frameworks to solve complex business problems and strengthening decision making capabilities at senior levels
- Leading and directing analytic teams that have influenced business models and influenced strategic direction within the Financial Services Industry
- Identifying, obtaining and processing critical data (e.g. internal client data, external public data, and new sources of data) to challenge the status quo through innovative thought leadership in the application of quantitative methodologies to improve decision-making in marketing, sales and operations
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in several of the following areas:
- Leading and managing business development opportunities and/or engagements from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff.
- Developing strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management within applicable analytic domains.
- Engaging with and supporting executives in a decision process that is strengthened by analytics, leading teams or stakeholders through the analytic process in a business-setting and translating analytic insight into business value and ongoing management capabilities.
- Leading the development of advanced business analytics and data mining solutions.
- Generating a vision, establishing direction and motivating members, to create an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging improvement and innovation.