Global Mobility Services (GMS) Technology Software Engineer In Test
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Engineering
- Location Stamford, CT
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
The Global Mobility Services (GMS) Technology Group is a leader in providing value added solutions to complex business problems. Our practice automates client's business processes through implementation of propriety expatriate software, and helps in process redesign and systems integration with enterprise HR/Payroll solutions such as PeopleSoft, SAP and HR Access.
As a member of the GMS Technology team, you will play an important role in the development lifecycle of our various expatriate management solutions.
You will be responsible for contributing to projects that span both the client implementation and product teams.
As technical team member you will work closely with both onshore and offshore development resources and be responsible for the following:
Managing application deployments
Coordinating with development resources onshore/offshore
Technical documentation and review
Implement secure development processes
Participate in peer code and architecture reviews
GMS Technology team members act as the direct liaison with senior IT professionals within PwC and our clients.
Providing specialized assistance in troubleshoot and resolve client issues surrounding the technical / application aspects of our expatriate technology suites.
As a technical member of a client implementation or product team you responsible for designing and implementing system integration approaches using Microsoft and Oracle technologies.
During the implementation process you gather business requirements and create domain specific reports utilizing Microsoft or other 3rd party reporting solutions.
As part of the technology team you will work to evolve or create products to meet our client's business needs.
This requires leveraging a number of development methodologies against a comprehensive understanding of the global mobility
The IAS Technology team group creates innovative, market leading solutions for our expatriate and global mobility practice.
We automate business processes and solve complex business problems with custom built web and mobile technologies.
Our solutions are used by some of the largest, most recognizable multinational companies in the world.
The testing team focuses on the quality of the product development, and maintains continuous integration and continuous delivery
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science and/or a related area of study
Degree Preferred: Master's degree
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and/or proven record of success, in software development lifecycle and software testing methodologies, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Software testing methods, such as functional testing, fuzz testing, stress testing, performance/load testing, and failure injection;
- Continuous Integration/deployment, white box, grey box, functional, smoke, regression testing, etc;
- TDD (Test-driven development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) & ATDD (Acceptance Test-Driven Development) in an agile environment;
- Scanning tools such as: SonarQube, NDepend or Fortify;
- Coding standards, code reviews, code refactoring, design patterns;
- Software Quality Characteristics at unit and system level;
- Technical debt analysis and quality adjusted productivity; and,
- Exploratory and usability testing and understanding of RDBMS, SQL and database testing.
Demonstrates thorough abilities, and/or proven record of success, in software development lifecycle and software testing methodologies, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Working in CI/CD environments;
- Understanding of tools such as TFS, Jenkins, git, Octopus Deploy/Chef/Puppet, SpecFlow/FitNesse, and Selenium WebDriver;
- Investigating complex problems and writing automation systems to validate system; and,
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management.