Tax Director /Regional Lead
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Tax
- Location Tampa, FL
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
A key priority to achieving success in our Firm is the Global Delivery Model (GDM). Within the Tax Line of Service (LoS), the GDM model focuses on developing Service Delivery Centers (SDCs) to perform routine tax activities that are high volume, low risk and non-client facing. The SDCs will focus on leveraging technology and standardized processes with a critical focus on efficiency. The SDC's are home to many of our critical business processes being delivered to PwC's Tax clients. Tax currently has many high priority positions that are critical to the development, implementation and future of the Service Delivery Centers.
Joining this growing part of our business will provide an opportunity to be a part of the transformation of the way the Tax LoS delivers client service.
The Service Delivery Center (SDC) aims to provide engagement teams with an efficient, quality embedded, and cost effective way to support the delivery of certain aspects of the compliance process.
While the SDC is considered an extension of the engagement team, the engagement team retains control over client interaction, final client work products and reviews, and tax technical decisions.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 7 with proven success in roles involving accounting areas of focus
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Certification(s) Required: CPA and/or Enrolled Agent
Demonstrates thought leadership and/or a proven record of success directing teams that utilizes Tax compliance processes and current federal and state regulatory developments that affect the public accounting industry in a role as a primary liaison to engagement teams, preferably for a global network of professional services firms and/or Service Delivery Center (SDC), emphasizing knowledge in the following areas:
- Developing relationships and appropriately influencing engagement teams, as needed;
- Evaluating forecasts against capacity to support scheduling and work load balance efforts;
- Providing coaching and guidance to the supervisors and managers, including conducting quality reviews; and,
- Monitoring training and providing support in identifying and scheduling training for teams.
Demonstrates thought leader level of ability and/or proven record of success serving in a role as a primary liaison to engagement teams, preferably for a global network of professional services firms and/or Service Delivery Center (SDC), including in the following areas:
- Developing strategy as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, including inspection and quality review results, presentations and reports needed by SDC leadership, and/or other standard business communications;
- Identifying and addressing client needs; building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of firm services; approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in staff recruitment and retention activities; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback;
- Utilizing tax tools and resources to assist Tax engagement teams, including tax preparation software such as GoSystem, Tax Stream, Vertex, Corptax, RIA, or other similar platforms; and,
- Leading scheduling discussions to assign work to process specialists, supervisors and managers based on capacity and capabilities.