Tax Project Supervisor
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Tax
- Location Tampa, FL
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
A key priority to achieving success in our Firm is Global Delivery Model (GDM). Within the Tax Line of Service (LoS), the GDM model focuses on developing Service Delivery Centers (SDCs) to perform routine tax activities that are high volume, low risk and non-client facing. The SDCs will focus on leveraging technology and standardized processes with a critical focus on efficiency.
The Tax SDC, located in Tampa, Florida, will be home to many of our critical business processes being delivered to PwC's Tax clients and also manage Global Delivery Center services. Tax currently has many high priority positions that are critical to the development, implementation and future of the Service Delivery Centers.
Joining this growing part of our business will provide an opportunity to be a part of the transformation of the way the Tax LoS delivers client service.
The Supervisor will be a key role within the Tax SDC.
The Supervisor will provide coordination over a team of Process Specialists (6-8).
oversee the development of Process Specialists, ensure quality of deliverables and monitor compliance with all processes and procedures.
In addition, the Supervisor will liaise with engagement teams.
The Supervisor will not communicate with clients, provide tax advice, or make technical tax judgments.
The final completion of tax return and claim for refund will be performed in the practice office.
The Supervisor will provide the Team Leader with regular reporting on capabilities, availability, progress, and performance of the team.
This role is essential to the ongoing development of the Process Specialists and to the quality of the SDC's work product.
There will be an overtime expectation of 10- 15% for peak seasons.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 1
Minimum Degree Required: Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Fields of Study
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Fields of Study
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, roles related to performing tax compliance-related processes within a tax services delivery center, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Performing process check reviews of Tax Returns by Process Specialists;
- Setting up the internal technology tools used to manage tax return processes;
- Preparing and filing tax extensions;
- Preparing data on relevant tax forms, reviewing and transmitting;
- Receiving and organizing client data;
- Collecting, verifying, identifying outstanding information, and filing and notifying engagement team when complete;
- Receiving, sorting, processing and inputting external K1 tax return forms;
- E-filing tax returns, clearing diagnostics, submission of returns, clearing rejections, filing confirmation, engagement team notifications; and,
- Understanding of the process workflow related to work requests from initiation through completion.
Demonstrates thorough abilities, and/or proven record of success, with performing tax compliance-related processes within a tax services delivery center, preferably for a global network of professionalservices firms, including in the following areas:
- Managing a small team, delegating work, managing performance and compliance of team members;
- Applying knowledge to deliver work products and improve processes;
- Monitoring the work assigned to a team and enabling timeliness of work acceptance, communication with engagement teams, and work completion;
- Providing technical and process support to the Process Specialists related to the execution of work assigned;
- Working with Process Specialists to provide proper management of communication and escalation of issues;
- Providing regular reports on team performance;
- Performing quality reviews on Process Specialists work and providing feedback;
- Supporting development of Process Specialists by identifying any skill gaps and training needs, including certification proficiency;
- Creating teams through relationship building;
- Identifying and developing future Supervisors with the assistance of the Team Leaders;
- Meeting or exceeding workload balance and utilization targets for the team;
- Contributing to thought leadership and process efficiencies; and,
- Supporting the Team Leader and Deployer in assignment of work to Process Specialists within the team.