Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > GPU ASICS Engineering
Architects, designs, implements, verifies, and optimizes performance and power of GPU cores. Responsible for building functional modeling simulations, developing software, tools, and tests for various graphics, running benchmarks for different applications, and performing pre- and post-silicon verification to verify correctness and ensure performance and power goals are met.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• 2+ years of relevant GPU experience (either external or internal).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leverages advanced GPU knowledge and experience to architect, design, implement, verify, and/or optimize the performance and power of GPU cores.
• Builds functional model simulations, develops software, and tests for various graphics to verify correctness and ensures advanced performance and power goals are met.
• Designs, programs, and runs comprehensive graphics tests using tools and methods under different scenarios and benchmarks to verify functionality, performance, power, and stability and identify issues.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams, third-party vendors, and external users to guide implementation and ensure alignment with needs and goals.
• Develops critical driver and compiler software to support GPU products.
• Writes detailed technical documentation and feature descriptions for complex GPU projects to guide users and/or customers to implement output.
Level of Responsibility:
• Works independently with minimal supervision.
• Provides supervision/guidance to other team members.
• Decision-making may affect work beyond immediate work group.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information. May require basic negotiation, influence, tact, etc.
• Has a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions.
• Tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning, problem-solving, and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
$151,000.00 - $227,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Backup child care
Before there were smartphones or smart cities, before autonomous cars or 360° virtual reality videos, there was our technology. Qualcomm inventions are the foundational technologies that others build upon—inventing new industries and applications that have global impact. From 5G to artificial intelligence, from IoT to automotive and extended reality applications, Qualcomm is inventing the ...