Qualcomm Canada ULC
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > GPU ASICS Engineering
Architects, designs, implements, verifies, and optimizes performance and power of GPU cores. Responsible for building functional modeling simulations, developing software, tools, and tests for various graphics, running benchmarks for different applications, and performing pre- and post-silicon verification to verify correctness and ensure performance and power goals are met.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 8+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 7+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 6+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• 4+ years in a technical leadership role with direct reports (only applies to positions with direct reports).
• 3+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Sr. Director and above).
• 2+ years of relevant GPU experience (either external or internal).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads a domain to align on important areas of feature development and set targets for achieving goals; ensures alignment and compatibility of all components in the system.
• Leads design reviews for complex projects within a domain to ensure GPU systems optimize power and performance and are comprehensive, high-quality, and meet all requirements, despite highly ambiguous or limited information.
• Leads team to design, program, and run highly complex, comprehensive graphics tests across the system in different scenarios and benchmarks to verify functionality, performance, power, and identify areas for improvement.
• Leads system-wide analyses of test results using advanced statistics and data predictions to ensure benchmarks are met and determine areas for improvement.
• Influences external partners to gain buy-in for ideas and align on project and implementation plans to ensure the needs of all stakeholders are met.
• Leverages expert understanding of the different domains across the entire system and ensures all components will effectively integrate.
• Guides team to leverage research on industry trends and innovative best practices in graphics to ensure solutions and deliverables exceed industry standards and are competitive.
• Guides team members to develop new ideas and directions to explore for next generation graphics; reviews recommendations and provides feedback to team members.
• Guides team members to write clear and detailed technical documentation and feature descriptions; reviews documentation to ensure it can be easily understood by a variety of audiences.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working independently with no supervision.
• Providing supervision to others who may be direct reports.
• Making decisions that are significant in impact, influencing overall program or project success, finances, and/or the ability to meet objectives; errors are not readily apparent due to the complexity of work process/product or time between decisions and results; errors typically result in significant expenditure of time, resources, and funds to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels; may require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
• Developing and administering budgets, schedules, and performance standards for functional area within the prescribed budgetary objectives of the department.
• Having a great degree of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is making or directly making key decisions that have substantial impact on the organization).
• Completing tasks that require multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; tasks require simultaneously executing multiple cognitive abilities and maintaining information in short- or long-term memory.
• Exercising exceptional creativity to innovate new ideas and develop innovative products/processes without established objectives or known parameters.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
• Developing and redesigning organizational strategies and providing overall direction for various functional areas and/or entire organization; has influence over the formulation and achievement of long-term business plans and objectives.
Applicants: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Backup child care
Before there were smartphones or smart cities, before autonomous cars or 360° virtual reality videos, there was our technology. Qualcomm inventions are the foundational technologies that others build upon—inventing new industries and applications that have global impact. From 5G to artificial intelligence, from IoT to automotive and extended reality applications, Qualcomm is inventing the ...