Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Camera Engineering
Qualcomm provides complete chipset solution that includes CPU, Modem, Application Processor, Multi-media engines, Interconnect and more. Power and performance are a key area that drive the value of our chips. As fabrication technology node shrinks, and performance requirement become higher, it is crucial to provide power and performance optimized solutions, which is the responsibility of the group that you will be working in.
Multimedia systems team has an exciting opportunity to work on best-in-class technologies of Camera, Video encoding/decoding, and Computer Vision. These technologies are the heart of billions of Snapdragon devices across the globe. The team is responsible for system level architecture; and analysis, budgeting and optimization of all multimedia use cases for achieving lowest power and best performance. We are looking for a fresh grad or Senior level Engineer with educational background and/or experience in system level architecture and HW/SW co-design. Your work will have the potential to shape the most power and performance efficient devices in the hands of millions of Snapdragon users.
• Come up with most efficient multimedia system architecture to satisfy power, performance and cost requirements
• Analyze power for selected use-cases using the system models for selected architectures
• Roll out architectural analysis and proposals to HW and SW design teams
• Follow up through the execution and commercialization of the SOC to make sure goals are met and modeling assumptions are validated
• Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 3+ years experience working on low power design/analysis, computer architecture, and HW/SW systems design/architecture
• Masters degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 3+ years experience working on systems analysis and modeling using various modeling tools at a detailed level
• 3+ years experience with system level aspects of low power design with the ability to model and analyze power and performance at system level
• Courses and/or experience in one or more areas of camera/image processing, video compression
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
$139,000.00 - $208,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Backup child care
Before there were smartphones or smart cities, before autonomous cars or 360° virtual reality videos, there was our technology. Qualcomm inventions are the foundational technologies that others build upon—inventing new industries and applications that have global impact. From 5G to artificial intelligence, from IoT to automotive and extended reality applications, Qualcomm is inventing the ...