At Qualtrics, we create software that the world’s best brands use to deliver exceptional frontline experiences, build high-performing teams, and design products people love. But we are more than a platform. We are the creators and stewards of the Experience Management category serving over 18,000 clients globally. Building a category takes grit, determination, and an appreciation for the unconventional—but most of all it requires close-knit, high-functioning teams with an unwavering dedication to serving our customers.
When you join one of our teams, you’ll be part of a nimble group that’s empowered to set ambitious goals and move fast to achieve them. Strategic risks are encouraged, and complex problems are solved by collaborating and iterating until the best solution comes to light. You won’t have to look to find growth opportunities— they’ll find you. From retail to government to healthcare, we’re on a mission to bring humanity, connection, and empathy back to business. Join over 6,000 people across the globe who think that’s work worth doing.
Why We Have This Role
This role is a part of the combined EMEA & APJ IT Operations team that maintains Zoom infrastructure, deploys and manages end user Mac and Window laptops using Jamf and Intune MDM and provides technical assistance to users of these platforms. The Europe, Middle East and Asia (EMEA) region consists of the UK, Ireland, continental EU countries, UAE and Serbia offices across 2 time zones. The APJ region consists of Australia, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea and India offices across 5 time zones. The team supports over 1,500 employees in these regions. This role combines responsibility for day-to-day user support, with an emphasis on the on-site support of the Sydney office with being the program manager for APJ-focused initiatives such as build-outs of Zoom infrastructure for new and expanding offices, mass service campaigns for end user devices and IT asset management.
How You’ll Find Success
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading IT programs within the APJ region and for providing IT team that provides Mac and Windows laptop and Zoom Room support, applies software updates to laptops and Zoom Room OS, develops, operates and continuously improves region-specific IT peripherals distribution processes. This team facilitates regional expansion and build-out of new offices in APJ, in collaboration with Facilities. This role is a combined leadership and individual contributor one, with the expectation of this role being the most qualified technical subject matter expert (SME) in APJ IT.
How You’ll Grow
- Growth opportunities for this role are rooted in its core purpose to optimize IT support processes through ticket-based analytics. The more bottlenecks are identified and eliminated through process automation - the more opportunities to grow into a more software-engineering type role.
- As the APJ region is expanding geographically and growing in the number of employees, the scale of this role will naturally expand. That offers an opportunity to collaborate more over the national borders, participate in office build-outs in other locations and learn how to use technologies appropriate to the larger scale of business.
Things You’ll Do
- Operate laptop lifecycle by using laptop centralization vendors, where available, or in-house resources where vendors are not yet available. Monitor process performance, adapt the process to regional business needs, integrate support for these needs into the global process and resolve all outstanding issues with the goal of providing laptops within the established SLA.
- Operate computer peripherals provisioning process by either establishing Amazon Prime Business services or enabling peripherals purchasing by employee with subsequent reimbursement or through collaboration with local office managers.
- Manage regional vendor relationships in collaboration with Procurement. Regularly assess vendor performance against SLAs or other operational metrics.
- Coding quality assurance: able to validate the quality of code written by others using a high-level language such as bash or PowerShell, with webhooks and API calls, with consideration for security and maintainability of that code.
- SQL analytics: being able to turn employee and IT incident and service request data in MySQL database into information useful for optimizing IT services.
- Operate and troubleshoot automated processes for laptop configuration when the latter are issued to users.
- Manage equipment disposal and recycling in accordance with the current Information Security Policy and country-specific accounting practices.
- Manage IT Asset records, validate the quality of regional records and make sure that the team correctly enters information about assets changing state into appropriate systems. Regularly audit accuracy of asset records for APJ assets and take remedial action to improve accuracy and availability of recordkeeping. Respond to audit inquiries seeking evidence of compliance with audit control objectives.
- Be the SME for 2-3 services in the IT portfolio to provide coverage for these services in APJ time zone. A service is a tool IT operates in their line of business or a product IT administers for the end users.
- Respond to IT service desk requests and provide solutions based on documentation written by senior team members.
- Educate employees about IT processes and self-service options as part of providing responses to incoming requests.
- Establish standards for regional system documentation and drive the team to maintain this documentation current.
- Establish a regional process for triaging incoming requests, root cause identification, taking remedial action as prescribed by documentation, and escalate to service owners if a case does not fit any of the known solutions. Monitor performance of this process and guide regional IT team members towards excellence in execution. Step in to service requests or IT incident resolution if the regional team is overwhelmed. Participate in the follow-the-sun IT incident management process, ensuring a response to time-sensitive issues during Sydney business hours, regardless of the regional origin of an incident.
- Manage the technology component of employee onboarding/departure process: set up laptops for new hires, distribute peripheral equipment according to the established process, monitor incoming tickets for laptop provisioning requests
- Schedule team on-call rotation. On-call rotation is during Sydney / Japan business hours, Monday-Friday, excluding company holidays.
- Develop and maintain candid business relationships with key consumers of IT services.
- Participate in Security incident response when called upon.
What We’re Looking For
Excellent command of written and spoken English, being able to understand and be understood by native speakers of American, British and Australian English.
A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT, or similar, or practical experience working in IT roles for at least 4 years. Team leadership experience, either as a technical leader or a project manager or a people manager is highly valued.
Mac OS X - complete understanding of the UI and user-configurable settings.
Windows - complete understanding of Windows 10 Enterprise OS, Azure AD and Intune.
Network - understanding of network fundamentals and understanding of basic endpoint connectivity troubleshooting on wired and wireless networks.
Experience administering a user directory service - G Suite or Active Directory.
Apple Business Manager (DEP) - understanding of what it is, how it works and troubleshooting sequence.
Jamf - understanding of what it is, how it is used at Q and what are the technological limitations of the tool.
Windows Autopilot configuration and operation knowledge and experience.
Zoom system administration skills - understanding account provisioning, permissions, screen sharing prerequisites, Zoom room maintenance.
Soft skills; demonstrated through growth mindset, high EQ, ability to self-educate, sound judgement (balance complexity/ effort/ cost to outcome), critical thinking, resilience and good work ethic (ownership mindset).
Even Better If...
- You have experience with IT asset management systems, and supporting large desktop environments.
- Envoy visitor management system: understanding how it operates, how to install a terminal and troubleshoot.
What You Should Know About This Team:
- The team is part of the follow-the-sun support model, mutually assisting the EMEA and APJ IT Ops teams to help with excess volume of tickets and coverage outside of the regular business hours for each region.
- Career progression for team members can be either within the IT organisation, moving into highly specialised roles in the IT Systems Design team, or moving into Engineering roles focused on software development outside of IT.
- IT at Qualtrics is part of the Internal Systems organization. Internal Systems develop and operate all infrastructure that is not part of the production environment, except for the network. Network is entirely out of scope for IT and Internal Systems.
Our Team’s Favorite Perks and Benefits
- A comprehensive package consisting of base, bonus, and generous benefits. Clear expectations for performance and progression pathways.
- Private health insurance - top of the range coverage.
- Annual Experience Bonus - we want to facilitate some great experiences for our employees. Put this bonus towards an experience you’ve always wanted to have!
- Experience Leave - additional 5 days a year to take for experiences!
- Quarterly Wellness Stipend - reimburse your physical and mental wellbeing costs.
- Commuter allowance - we take care of your public transport expenses to the office!
- Catered lunches in our North Sydney office - 5 days a week.