The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
(Please note - we are considering applicants from all global locations where Qualtrics has an entity, but with a strong preference for those based in or considering relocation to Sydney, Australia. Remote work is available for this role).
A Day in the Life
As the XM Advisory Science APJ Regional Lead within the Qualtrics Professional Services organisation, reporting to the Director of APJ Professional Services - you will combine your passion for leading teams and engaging customers, with your ability to solve complex program and business problems. Working closely with members of the Qualtrics Experience Management (XM) Services leadership team, you will help build our Advisory science organisation by designing and establishing new processes, tools and policies, and improving team effectiveness to ensure the team scales efficiently as the company continues to grow. Concurrently, you will be tasked with growing and managing a team of XM Advisory Scientists to ensure our solutions are delivered to world-class standards.
You will work and collaborate with the larger Experience Management (XM) delivery teams at Qualtrics to expand Qualtrics footprint within client accounts. This person is responsible for the delivery of program consulting services to prospective and existing Qualtrics customers, across a variety of industries, to help them design world-class XM programs.
You will assist in the Sales process, meeting with senior client executives to discuss how Qualtrics can deliver on their program requirements. You should have experience interacting with clients in both pre- and post-sales capacities. This person will be required to communicate ideas quickly and crisply, with the ability to leverage experience, credibility, and actionable insights to influence customers, executives, partners, and other stakeholders to reach consensus decisions and move programs forward.
The ideal candidate will have experience in research in addition to having worked as a practitioner in an evolving Customer Experience or Employee Experience program. This highly-visible role will interface with client stakeholders at different levels of an organisation to gain a deep understanding of their business needs and shape their Customer or Employee Experience Programs.
- Lead a team of high-performing CX & EX Advisory Scientists to effectively deliver Qualtrics solutions, providing coaching and mentorship to guide career development.
- Accurately evaluate performance of team members and provide direct and actionable feedback. Manage team capacity, forecasting, financial performance and resource allocation.
- Communicate team impact and results to key stakeholders and act as an advocate for the team within Qualtrics
- Develop new strategies and partner with fellow leaders to exceed aggressive hiring goals
- Define and manage project tasks and activities. Manage time, budget as well as identifying potential risks and issues that may impact the successful delivery of the program.
Advisory Practice Growth and Delivery
- This role will continue to have billable utilisation requirements focused on providing consulting and advisory support to customers to help stand up best-in-class Experience Management Programs. This includes services like - CX/EX Maturity Assessment, Customer/Employee Journey Mapping, CX/EX Program Design, Survey Design, Change Management Workshop, Closed-Loop Design, Program Governance, etc.
- Oversee delivery of a large portfolio of delivery projects varying greatly in size and complexity. These vary from four-week, single-stakeholder engagements, to multiyear, multidisciplinary, international deliveries with dozens of stakeholders.
- Be able to translate customer insights into business recommendations, help clients build business cases and enable clients to develop operational plans
- Scale and optimise XM Advisory Science delivery. Develop standardised content and program templates to facilitate the implementation of best practices in specific industry verticals where you have and will develop expertise
- Partner with Solution Architects in pre-sales to support Advisory Sales and further increase the pipeline. Be able to translate customer needs into business requirements.
- Operational ownership of capacity management, team utilisation, project delivery including budgets and timelines. Ownership of company margin objectives and overall business P/L.
- Coordinate with other functional leaders across the business to develop and deliver multidisciplinary solutions and projects, and drive initiatives to improve the customer or employee experience. Create collaborative relationships with all key business stakeholders to enable successful deployment and ongoing success of the program
- Design and implement scalable processes, increase efficiencies and exceed client expectations. Set up mechanisms to continually improve tools and ways of working.
- The candidate must have at least 15+ years of CX or EX design and delivery experience as either an in-house practitioner within a major industry vertical, or as a consultant who has worked across several industry verticals for a Consulting firm or another CX/EX vendor.
- Advanced (Master’s or PhD) degree in a research or business-centric field is preferred
- Must possess expertise in areas of CX/EX Maturity Assessments, Program Design, Customer/Employee Journey Mapping, Culture Activation, Action Planning and Insights Analysis
- Prior leadership experience. Proven ability to build and lead teams to concrete and measurable results
- Self-starter capable of working concurrently across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Detail-orientation with an ability to prioritise and meet aggressive goals.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills with a history of driving impact within an organisation
- Demonstrated track record of proactive customer problem solving. Flexibility to deal with client and internal challenges as they arise, and the ability to develop and implement strategies to overcome these challenges
- Must have Executive Presence. Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, writing and presentation skills.
- Has a strong understanding of good research methodology; survey design and data collection. Has strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and is able to analyse and interpret data, and report insights to customers in a formal presentation
- Ability to work independently and with a team consisting of executives, project stakeholders and project team members. Consultative and relationship builder who can quickly understand client needs and requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel when required.
- Personable and strongly demonstrates Qualtrics’ core (TACOS) values
What differentiates us from other companies:
- A product that is strongly positioned to disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry and change the way we think about traditional experiences.
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and flexibility built into our day.
- We live by our cultural values: TACOS - Transparency, All In, Customer Obsessed, One Team, and Scrappy.
- We hire the best with the intention of developing and promoting within. Our interview process is held at a high standard, however our company's success cannot be done without the success of our people.
- We lead from the front on important issues. We have several teams focused on Diversity and Inclusion (MOSAIQ), cancer research (Five For The Fight), WFH (COVID Taskforce), Women in Leadership (WLD), Veterans (QSalute)... the list goes on.
Some of our perks & benefits:
- This role is approved for remote work.
- A competitive & comprehensive package consisting of base, bonus, equity and generous benefits (we offer top-of-the-range private health insurance, annual experience bonus, quarterly wellness stipend, and much more...)