Raytheon Technologies is on FGB’s Best Companies for Women of 2019.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.1/5 in overall job satisfaction
Programs are also available for dependent and adult care, family leave, college planning, counseling and personal convenience services.
We provide programs that offer solutions to life’s challenges, including a variety of flexible work arrangements and paid time off.
Employees may participate in tax-advantaged accounts to pay for eligible health and dependent care expenses with pretax dollars.
Role: Principal Hardware Engineer
ID - 178220BR
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced and high performing Principal Senior Engineer to join a successful Assured Position, Navigation and Timing (APNT) team within the Global Sensors Mission Area, creating Digital GPS Anti-Jam Systems for the military market. The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager APNT Digital Hardware Engineering Section Lead.
The Principal Senior Hardware Engineer will be able make their mark on a broad and varied range of product designs, and will be expected to assist in the integration of these designs into products. being the focal point for the complete They will have the opportunity to support engineering solutions, overseeing the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines – including systems, hardware, mechanical, software, safety and reliability. Above all, this is the ideal opportunity for a self-starting senior engineer who wants to work on exciting technology and product development projects in a collaborative environment.
This role includes:
• Digital Signal Processor design and development with technical leadership – From the initial concept stage, developing these concepts through to final production and certification.
• Leading Working within the product hardware team and working with all other engineering disciplines throughout the design cycle, in a collaborative working and shared environment.
• Working with Customers and the Product Design Authority to develop and shape the technical requirements design and then manage these requirements through the in order to meet the requirements set during product development. • Interface with suppliers and industry experts.
• Liaison with academia partners for various work packages.
• Solving complex technical problems on new and existing GPS Anti-Jam Products.
• Support and mentor junior engineers through their activities
• Good knowledge of high speed digital design (up to GHz), electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
• Design of circuits in analogue and digital, with exposure to FPGA or DSP control. Experience of interfacing your designs into established systems
• Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes.
• Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-disciplined teams.
• Able to prioritise and manage their tasks to ensure all are completed to time and schedule
• Develop hardware concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
• Proven experience in technical leadership across multidisciplined teams.
• Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
• Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
• Excellent stakeholder management and customer interfacing skills.
• Willingness to travel throughout the UK, Europe and the US.
• Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing. • Eligible or current holder of SC security clearance. Desired Skills:
• Experience with interfacing to RF circuitry and high speed D/A /A/D conversion • Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suite; xDxX Designer, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Firmware development, design and test using suitable toolsets (i.e. Xilinx Vivado, ModelSim)
• Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation (Matlab, LT Spice)) and thermal analysis.
• Product Quality Testing and Certification. • Experience of working with Industry standard toolsets for requirement capture, design and task management (e.g. DOORs, Microsoft Project).
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...