Raytheon Technologies is on FGB’s Best Companies for Women of 2019.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.1/5 in overall job satisfaction
Programs are also available for dependent and adult care, family leave, college planning, counseling and personal convenience services.
We provide programs that offer solutions to life’s challenges, including a variety of flexible work arrangements and paid time off.
Employees may participate in tax-advantaged accounts to pay for eligible health and dependent care expenses with pretax dollars.
Are you interested in solving real-world problems? Are you interested in playing a significant role in our nation’s security? Do you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking a Research Engineer to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located a stone’s throw from seaside Newport, Rhode Island. We are looking for world class contributors to join our team solving problems that are both technically challenging and cutting-edge. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to Linux software development on an embedded platform, integrating with custom hardware, driver development, and multi-threaded programming. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.
What you will do
• Develop software for deployed DoD Linux systems; such as logging, gui, networking, and performance monitoring
• Develop driver software and interface specifications for external recorders, sensors, and network interfaces
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team testing your contributions and analyzing performance
• Create and integrate components into a larger system.
What you will gain
• Involvement in the technical components of solving our customer’s most complex problems
• Work with world class researchers and engineers who embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Be part of a team that plays a significant role in the security of our nation
• Opportunity to leverage your analytical and troubleshooting skills
What you need
• BS in Computer Science, or relevant discipline and 3 years of experience or MS grad with degree and 0 years of experience
• Experience developing software in and for a Linux Red Hat or Red Hawk environment
• Ability to meet assigned tasking schedules while working on multiple tasks
• Proficiency using C/C++
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel
• Willingness to apply for and be granted a US Government security clearance
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• Agile software development skills and familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence or similar CI/CD workflows.
• Previous experience in design, implementation, debug, and test a plus
• Active/current US Government/DoD Secret clearance or higher.
• Advanced degree or at least 6 years of direct experience
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward.
Relocation Eligible: Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our investments in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive and on the move. Raytheon Technologies products touch millions of people every single day. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart, sustainable solutions that ...