- You will have your own company vehicle at home, therefore, in your company uniform, you’ll either travel to your first customer of the day or head to the depot to load your van with stock for your day's work.
On the road
- Your day will be spent visiting a number of different customers. No two days will be the same due to the variety of industries you will service.
- You will service your customers’ sites by;
- Inspecting customer premises for signs of pests and carrying out measures as required to eliminate pests
- Clean and remove evidence of pest behavior
- Advise customers on maintenance and hygiene of their premises
- Complete accurate Service Reports after every visit
- Whilst you don’t need to be an athlete, you will work up a sweat servicing multiple sites, so you would need to be physically fit.
- You will be responsible for your own health and safety - this means it’s your responsibility to ensure your vehicle is safe at all times and that you take care on the road.
End of day
- Unless you need to re-stock, time to go home and relax and unwind.
- At the depot, is the best time for you to debrief with your manager and discuss how your day has gone.
To be considered for the Pest Technician position you need to have;
- Valid Australian driver's license - manual license if possible!
- Confident using a mobile phone service app/tablet
- Interest in pest control or related industry experience
- Ability to successfully acquire a Working with Children Check
- As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete pre-employment medical, references and police checks.
The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, our customers and our communities are priorities for us, and given that most of our roles are customer facing roles, we insist on full vaccination by all our colleagues against COVID-19.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Rentokil Initial provides services that protect people and enhance lives including pest control, plants and washroom hygiene. Two million customers rely on us to do the job, quickly and effectively, our customers range from multinationals to local restaurants, schools and individual homeowners.