Region / Function: Finance / North America
This job can be a remote position or in the office located in a Rentokil-Terminix office
Travel by Car and Airplane up to 30% of the time depending on geographic location (conditions permitting).
Reports To: VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
RNA C Suite (CEO/CFO/VP HR/VP Sales/CIO)
Cross Functional Leadership (HR/IT/Ops/Accounting)
Reporting to the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis, this role will partner with the VP and Finance Business Partners to guide and monitor the strategic financial direction of all lines of business operating in North America and Canada. This role will primarily be responsible for financial planning, annual forecasts, monthly and quarterly projections and historical financial analysis of operation results and internal benchmarks and metrics. You will interact regularly with our Finance Business Partners, and Market Vice Presidents. You will also interact regularly with the functional department heads and the PMO. This role will play a key role in the preparation of quarterly reports and Operating Review documents.
Key Performance Indicators:
DSO (days sales outstanding)
Portfolio net gain
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Supporting and assisting in the strategic planning process in order to ensure alignment across functions and deliver on company goals
● Coordinating and preparing the annual plan, which includes setting client-specific targets and meeting with Regional and Department Vice Presidents to establish goals and targets
● Analyzing and comparing monthly and quarterly financial results, metrics and key performance indicators against plan and other internal benchmarks (https://i.e. labor, capital and cash flow analysis).
● Preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly financial projections to facilitate strategic decision making
● Preparing quarterly reports including the preparation and coordination of the quarterly Operating Review for presentation to senior executives
● Preparing and presenting periodic performance and financial reports to senior management as needed
● Reviewing and analyzing, from a financial perspective, sales and marketing and other internal company initiatives
● Developing financial models to determine the economic feasibility of proposed projects or investments
● Directing the preparation of special purpose or ad hoc analyze as required
● Liaison to Finance BP’s and other region personnel to monitor and analyze business performance
● Identifying and promoting the sharing of best practices across regions
● Managing a team of managers, finance business partners and analysts
10+ years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required.
A multi-unit organization
5+ years relevant experience in a management role
Position requires demonstrated experience at the Director level in a finance or accounting capacity.
Prior experience leading and developing a staff.
Position requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills, sound judgement and ability to learn quickly while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The ability to effectively use deliberate influence strategies to impact, shape, or re-direct the behaviors of others, without formal authority.
Demonstrated strong organizational skills such as project management to be successful in preparing annual budgets & plans for multiple business units throughout North America
Required Leadership Traits and Characteristics:
Agility and adaptability
Strong Communication Skills
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Ability to Teach and Mentor
Formal Education, Qualifications or Training:
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field or equivalent relevant experience
MBA in finance, accounting or related field – preferred
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Incumbent is required to have:
Incumbent will be subject to:
Our companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with disabilities.