Analytics Product Management Intern
San Mateo County, CA
RingCentrals Intern program, or as we like to call it the RingTern program, is a 10-week internship. Throughout the 10-weeks, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of corporate life, be immersed in its active culture/community, and explore an employees dailylife in a field of interest.The goal here is for you to acquire real-world experiences that will help you continue to pursue your career or reconsider your path.
Do you have a competitive edge and like to win? At RingCentral as a RingTern, you will compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off site excursions and company events. While you are here you will experience what its like to be part of a growing tech company that is dominating their industry, breaking down barriers and boasts a 40% ratio of intern of hire.
Our mentors strive to develop their interns into independent and confident employees. Here at RingCentral, interns are not hand-held or micro-managed; instead, they are encouraged to problem-solve and succeed independently.
Here are a few reasons to consider being a RingTern at RingCentral:
1)You have a competitive edge and like to win. Here, youll compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off-site excursions, and company events. We call it collaborative competition and its a great way to experience the way we work.
2)Hyper-growth, for you and your career.RingCentral is growing at an annual rate of 30%. Every year. So now is a great time to join us. It also means there are lots of interesting, real-world challenges to help us solve.
3)Mentors who are in it for you.Our mentors will work with you to help you grow and achieve your goals. No micro-management and no busy-work. The goal is to help you problem-solve and succeed independently.
So, join RingCentral as an intern this summer and discover what it feels like to win together.
Early Intern Application Deadline is March 4, 2020
Final Intern Application Deadline: April 6, 2020
Job Type: Internship | Location: Belmont, CA
You will meaningfully contribute to RingCentrals next-generation analytics offering by delivering an end-to-end product (or proof of concept) which will help our customers analyze and/or predict businessoutcomes based on their communication patterns.
- Work closely with the product management team to identify and prioritize key features
- Identify required data sets and underlying systems that can provide the requisite data and create the data pipeline
- Identify and apply machine learning models to solve for business use cases
- Test/validate the ML outcomes
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data and outcomes of the machine learning to provide actionable insights to customers including through intuitiveand visual data representations
- Working toward BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics or other degrees that leverage your critical thinking skills
- Some skills that are a plus:
- Knowledge of big data tools such as Hadoop, Kafka, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Knowledge of statistics, data modeling techniques
- Ability to work both independently to drive a project and in a team environment to secure assistance needed from other people/teams to achieve the project goal
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in amulticulturalenvironment and with team members in a variety of time zones
Learning Skills/ Outcomes:
What will the RingTern learn/gain from completing this internship?
- How to work with Product Management teams to identify real-world use cases
- How to translate product requirements into user stories for engineering to build products
- How to manage a product/features from ideation to shipped product
- Go to market activities for launching products/features
- Full-time, throughout the summer of 2020 10-week internship
- Must be available to start either June 9thor June 16th
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentrals open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.