Director, UX Content Strategy
San Mateo County, CA
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. Were the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and were looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentralfosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfaston a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum: Predictably Exceptional Results Weve Come To Expect Nothing Less.
- Deutsche Bank:Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.
- Jeffries: Firing On All Cylinders.
- Northland: As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels
Were creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA
RingCentralis designing and developing the new generation of integrated communication products - telephone, video conferencing, messaging, and call center management software. Each of our products has a user who cares about them and the experience they provide. And, its the job of the RingCentral User Experience Team to care about those users.
RingCentral UX (Medium Blog, Instagram) is a global team of 30+ professionals, based at RingCentral HQ in Belmont, CA, and encompassing interaction design, visual design, research, and copywriting. We seek to be an evolving and inclusive UX Team with the people, skills, tools, and processes to inspire and design world-class product experiences while living the RingCentral FITE values. We work closely with local Product and Engineering teams and remote development centers in Odessa, Ukraine, St. Petersburg, Russia and Xiamen, China. Our team has a voice at the executive level of the organization, reporting directly to the EVP of Innovation. We deliver our initiatives in an environment of collaboration, high productivity, and low drama.
TheDirector, UX Content Strategy reports to the VP of User Experience and has responsibility for developing a cohesive content design strategy, scaling our editorial processes and standardizing rules for scalability. Your role will be to design processes for managing content requests, reviews and iteration, implement full audits of existing copy, craft engaging onboarding flows, develop A/B value propositions, and mentor new writers who come onboard.
Were looking for a content strategist to help build our copywriting infrastructure as well as work in-depth in the product. Youll do a lot of writing as well as look at the product holistically and make suggestions on how to make our communications better for our users. Youll be working closely with product managers and engineers to identify what aspects of releases need to be communicated to our customers and evaluating the best ways to do so.
As a successful candidate, you will have a love for words and effective communication skills. You will demonstrate a passion for creating a better customer experience and a desire to test theories, as well as a drive to establish a structure with style guides, glossaries, and processes.
As a Director, UX Content Strategy , you will:
- Build, evolve and scale editorial processes, standards, and tools
- Maintain and develop RingCentral style guides, glossaries and be an advocate for best content practices on the product team and marketing team
- Help coordinate the localization process for our global audience
- Write clear, creative UX content that focuses on educating our customers and promoting better feature usage across all RingCentral products
- Collaborate with UX/ UI managers, developers, marketing, product marketing, and other stakeholders across the company
- Conduct extensive product research based on usability sessions, support tickets, to figure out what our customers need more clarification on
- Proven, senior-level content strategy development and UI writing skills, ideally at a consumer tech company
- 5+ years of content strategy experience, ideally including a global audience
- 3 years of experience managing or leading UX writing teams
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications
Ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Experience doing extensive product research based on usability sessions, support tickets, and analyzing customer feedback
- Experience writing for voice and/or video products
- Experience in working on localization processes for global audiences
- Experience crafting and governing content standards
- Ability to build out brand and voice guides
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentrals open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.