Finance Systems Analyst
San Mateo County, CA
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. Were the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and were looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentralfosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfaston a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $17 billion. With +$900 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analystquotespost Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum:Predictably Exceptional Results Weve Come To Expect Nothing Less.
- Deutsche Bank:Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.
- Jeffries:Firing On All Cylinders.
- Northland:As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels
Job Type:Full Time | Location:Belmont, CA
We are looking for aFinance Systems Analystwho will engage with business stakeholders inFinance (Billing and Collections, Revenue, Accounting, Tax and FP&A)to understand business processes and user needs from business systems, drill into the details to analyze complex processes and translate them into business and functional requirements. You will be responsible for documenting detailed business requirements, defining project scope and objectives, systems configuration, testing, implementation, continuous improvement and ongoing support. To ensure we provide optimal service to our business partners, you will have a deep understanding of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background. This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Manager of Finance Systems & Operations.
- Work closely with business partners to understand processes, gaps and goals
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and interview cross functional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to elicit business requirements
- Analyze existing and future state business processes, systems and flows of data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain documentation of new and existing business processes and related systems
- Partner with business, internal and external technology teams to define associated system requirements and solutions
- Participate in systems implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution)
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Be proactive and take initiative to gather information, investigate gaps/issues, identifies potential solutions and present to both Business and IT stakeholders
- Work closely with vendors, implementation partners, architects, developers and business units to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Work with various teams to develop project milestones and timelines for development, UAT, production validation and go live
- Support delivery of reporting, dashboards and business intelligence capabilities through partnership with IT and Business
- Lead and perform data management and migration activities
- Manage user training and timely communications in accordance with project timelines
- Engage in other areas of Finance such as security, compliance (SOX), reporting, production and participate in change management support to ensure projects are addressed from end to end and the needs, interests and success criteria of the business are met
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- 5 - 7 years of knowledge and related industry experience implementing and maintaining one or more SaaS / Cloud financial systems (e.g. NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce, Anaplan, Concur, Tableau)
- Experience implementing financial, billing and/or reporting solutions in SaaS industry is highly preferred
- Experience in quote to cash processes and Saas billing eco-systems is a plus, familiarity with revenue recognition ASC 606 is a plus.
- Must be self-starter, able to work independently, thrive in a fast-paced environment, customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical parties
- Strong project management skills and experience successfully working cross-functionally
- Must exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices with systems that handle sensitive data
- Advanced knowledge of software and spreadsheet applications, complex formula and macro creation required (Excel - Macros, PivotTables, VLOOKUP), Tableau report building and Oracle SQL knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentrals open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.