Android Engineer (Intern)
Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We're looking for talented and motivated Android Engineers to join our award-winning team and help expand Robinhood's mobile experience across the country.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Collaborating with our award-winning design team for the full product lifecycle
- Contributing to new features and have a voice in building products that will ultimately change how America views finance
- Helping shape the future of our Android platform.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and November 2023
- You have a solid foundation in software engineering
- You have an interest in front end work, specifically visually driven product design and shaping user experience
- You are familiar with Android components and have built or contributed to at least one Android app
- You have experience building, maintaining, or otherwise contributing to open source projects
- You are familiar with Kotlin, RxJava 2, Dagger 2, and other libraries in our tech stack
- You enjoy exploring and building innovative Android UI / UX
- You have a self-starter mentality and enjoy being proactive
Technologies we use:
- RxJava 2
- Dagger 2
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionwe'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).