Design Program Manager, Design Systems
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We're looking for a Design Program Manager to work on the Robinhood Design System. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that has garnered significant accolades including the Apple Design Award and Google Play Award. The ideal candidate has experience with product design, passion for design systems, and understands how to integrate processes with design and engineering teams.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Act as a liaison for design, development, and product management teams, connecting all groups and making sure inter-dependencies are understood and planned.
- Identifying team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Own all support and service programs that educate and assist Robinhood designers and developers as they use the design system
- Facilitate project management, including establishing process for project tracking and systems to use
- Collaborating with product design team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, prioritization, and coordination of teams and approval processes
- Establishing project timelines and tasks and handling large offline projects through all phases of implementation
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- An intermediate level of proven program/project management ability
- Passion for design systems
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies
- Detailed understanding of the product development process
- Ability to understand sophisticated programs, scope and prioritize projects, define schedules, and work independently
- Know online and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionwe'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).