Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Procurement and Vendor Management Office (VMO) is the central team at Robinhood for engaging and managing Third-Party vendors. We're looking for a Director of Sourcing and Contracting who will lead an experienced team of sourcing and contracting managers to deliver speed, commercial value, and risk optimization in engaging vendors. You will lead and maintain our relationships with senior leaders across Robinhood. You will lead your team and drive initiatives that promote operational excellence, quality, efficiency, value, and compliance in strategic sourcing. You will design and implement projects / tools and lead improvement efforts to build-out a world-class, global, strategic sourcing team at Robinhood.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Develop, lead, communicate and execute the commercial procurement strategy for over $1 Billion annual spend. Implement and execute sourcing processes including market research, vendor identification, competitive bidding, negotiations, selection, and contracting.
- Lead, mentor, develop, and empower the sourcing and contracting team to maintain a highly efficient operational unit with a strong personal engagement and service mentality. Measurably reduce contracting cycle time.
- Influence, engage, collaborate, and partner with Business Owners and senior executives to maximize value from third-party vendors in terms of service quality and procurement savings. Deliver significant year-on-year procurement savings in line with strategic program initiatives.
- Lead negotiations on complex vendor contracts and deliver quantifiable business value.
- Collaborate with and actively influence Commercial Legal and Risk Leads to drive risk-intelligent processes and protocols.
- Maintain a deep understanding of third-party vendors, products, and market trends -- particularly in Technology and Digital Marketing. Obtain a clear understanding of Robinhood's core business objectives and how various Third-Party vendors are engaged to support these objectives.
- Deliver a documented vision and long range plan for strategic vendor sourcing and contracting. Use metrics and data to identify logical groups of business / product / commodity / category clusters and develop suitable sourcing strategies and category management plans.
- Embrace automation and collaborate effectively with data and analytics teams. Bring data to the table and embed a data-driven mindset within your team. Use data to identify and quantify opportunities, then partner with Robinhood Business Owners to improve return on investment. Identify trends and themes and provide recommendations to minimize issues in the future.
- Partner with the vendor management team to optimize third-party vendor footprint across Robinhood by driving rationalization of cost and value. Proactively influence upcoming contract renewals.
- Strategic sourcing and contracting expert with 12+ years of experience in Third-Party / Vendor sourcing and contracting, procurement consulting, procurement program management, or process reengineering in Financial Services / FinTech.
- Advanced degree in Business, Operations, Risk Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Engineering, or an equivalent field.
- Ability to independently lead a team and deliver effective results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with data visualization and analysis tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc. and a natural comfort level with using data for decision-making.
- Expertise with incorporating risk and performance management into the sourcing and contracting process.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, develop report-outs, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionwe'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).