Director, Technical Program Management
Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Director, Technical Program Management to grow and develop our TPM organisation and function across all of engineering. This role will help us establish industry-leading operating principles for technical programs within Robinhood, and help scale the technical program management function.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Build out the Technical Program Management (TPM) team and scale it to meet the needs of the Engineering team.
- Lead high priority projects to improve operational efficiency, scale key processes, and launch new initiatives across the Engineering organization.
- Identify and establish mechanisms for engineering leaders to interface with program management teams.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top TPM talent, both managers and individual contributors, to support continued hyper-growth.
- Communicate status, risks and mitigations to stakeholders and partners. Understand tradeoffs of various solutions and approaches such that you are able to spot new, less obvious solutions during planning, and choose the best solution for your programs.
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment.
- Working closely with the Product team to ensure a smooth hand-off from product to operational programs where necessary.
- A proven track record working closely with an executive team
- 10+ years of experience with managing engineering programs at scale
- Experience managing a multi-layer TPM organization
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to design and implementation decisions with engineering counterparts
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity and translating it to impactful results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize automation over manual process.
- Experience working in regulatory environments
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionwe'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).