Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the Role
The EDD Associate will be responsible for running EDD processes and controls. This includes implementing scalable processes and identifying potential areas of EDD compliance vulnerability. The associate will support the team in managing regulatory risk, ensuring deadlines and service levels agreements are met, and for compliance with Firm policy, BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
As a EDD Associate you will:
- Implement and execute EDD Procedures to comply with all, BSA, SEC, and FINRA rules
- Manage and resolve escalated EDD issues, high risk customer, exception report monitoring, and other compliance assignments
- Investigate and make determinations on EDD reviews and escalations
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase quality and scalability
- Conduct internal testing of EDD compliance in functional areas such as CDD, PEP, fraud prevention and communicating trends and findings to AMLCO
- Manage ad hoc priorities dealing with EDD compliance and subsequent determinations
Some things we consider critical to being a EDD Associate:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in EDD compliance or AML compliance experience with focus on EDD
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation or pursuing certification
- Strong understanding of broker/dealer operations and/or financial services compliance functions
- Superior expertise, investigative skills, and strong knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and privacy laws as they apply to financial institutions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Broker/dealer experience in an EDD compliance or KYC environment
- Management experience in EDD Operations, Compliance and/or Controls
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $69,000 - $81,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionwe'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).