Software Engineer - Customer Care (Routing)
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Customer Care is aspiring to build a team focused on scaling Robinhood to meet the needs of a rapidly-growing user base - building systems to allow rapid development of product additions, customer-facing tools, and support flows. We partner with all of our product teams across Robinhood, as well as the Customer Operations team, to help drive change at a company level; and provide customers a delightful experience, while enabling our agents to quickly handle any issues that need their attention, so they can help the customer as fast as possible.
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Routing team, you will be responsible for building routing services which can route the customer to the optimal resolution paths, paths including help center, product based solve and customer service agents for time sensitive high priorities of cases. It will take feeds from customer service agents queue and agents skills, understand urgency around customers needs and route it for optimal resolution path which will deliver the best experience to the customers.
Your day-to-day will involve
- Design large scalable systems within a team; making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Lead, build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements; these features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the product.
- Collaborate with our frontend team to fine tune our REST API and with our data team to support millions of customers.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- A proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Able to tackle complex engineering problems that deliver results.
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions.
- Familiar with writing highly concurrent systems.
- Good intuition for REST API design.
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Proven experience building large scale systems
Technologies we use
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store.
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionwe'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.