Software Engineer, SRE Tools
Menlo Park, CA
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We're a rapidly growing team serving a highly results-oriented engineering organization. The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team provides a specialization within engineering focused on designing, engineering, evolving, and safely making changes to large-scale distributed systems. The SRE team also plays a critical role in incident management and handling. We are responsible for defining the process and building tools to help with detection, mitigation and prevention of system outages that ultimately impact our customer experience.
We are seeking experienced engineers to work on our in-house outage response management tool, a high impact tool that is at the core of our outage handling. You will participate in defining and improving our outage management workflow, and build the tool to assist with the process. You will work cross-functionally among engineering, legal, compliance, customer support and communications teams, to name a few, and build tools to bring them into outage workflow efficiently. No previous SRE experience is needed.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Create smooth, stable, and elegant incident management webapp with React / TypeScript on the frontend and Flask / Python on the backend
- Integrate multiple internal systems to orchestrate a smooth workflow, such as JIRA, Slack, Google Calendar, etc.
- Own features from inception / design to implementation and deployment
- Be an integral part of defining and improving our outage handling workflow which in turn help the company deliver high-quality and stable customer experience
- Collaborate with engineers (our users) and all the other teams to help them work efficiently during a outage response
- 5+ years of professional Software Development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience with modern Web technologies
- Fluency in TypeScript and Python
- Product / Experience focused, great design intuition and user empathy
Technologies we use:
- TypeScript, React + Redux
- Python, Flask
- Babel + Webpack + Bazel
- Jest + ESLint + Prettier
- Jenkins / Buildkite + Docker + Kubernetes
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionwe'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).