FGB'ers gave this company a 4/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Roku rated their manager’s support a 4.7/5
Employee Resource Groups including Women of Roku, Parents & Caregivers
You are in charge of your own career, your own hours, how you want to work and what you want to focus on.
Roku offers 16 weeks paid maternity leave
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About The TeamThe Roku Global Safety & Security team is an enterprise function, focused on enabling the business and keeping our workforce safe and secure. We are a multi-disciplinary, diverse, global team, that is integrated into all segments of the corporation.
About The Role
The Senior Regional Manager of Global Safety & Security, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Region, reporting to the Senior Director of Global Safety & Security Operations, will lead the development and execution of a 360-degree, comprehensive regional program to enable the business and the safety of Roku’s workforce and assets, covering Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with an emphasis on business presence in the United Kingdom, and the rest of Europe. The Senior Regional Manager is a mid to senior leader in the global function and a member of the GSS Extended Leadership Team. Programs developed and managed, include:
· Risk management (enterprise, operational, physical, digital in collaboration with Trust Engineering)
· Business enablement (service delivery/solution oriented)
· Risk assessment application; field business security principals
· Implementation of Roku GSS Global Security Risk-designed programs and tools
· Roku Global Security Operations Center engagement programs
· Security and Health Risk Assessment Programs (SRAP/HRAP)
· Site security; Environmental, Health & Safety program leadership (including Emergency Response Team initiation, etc.)
· Management of enterprise access control platform
· Regional incident/crisis management leadership; scenario planning and integration with Roku’s Global Safety & Security Geopolitical Strategy and Risk team
· Corporate investigations
· Corporate regional office integrity
While the Senior Regional Manager will lead and manage programs, the role will initially represent an individual contributor capacity, and will be supported by other members of the Global Safety & Security Operations team, specifically in the area of executive security and the Global Security Operations Center.
The Senior Regional Manager of Global Safety & Security, EMEA Region is a strategic leader responsible for critical, life-safety and business enablement imperatives. The position will help enable the company’s business objectives around the world and will help shape the growth and development across all teams of the GSS organization.
The work we do can be challenging, but that’s why we enjoy it so much. The ideal candidate isn’t a bystander. They are curious and engaged, willing to jump in to solve problems and make data-driven decisions even when things feel very ambiguous. Our industry changes quickly, so we expect a great candidate to be comfortable responding quickly to changing business needs, knowing that their own success comes when the team succeeds.
We’re excited if you have
· 15+ years’ experience as a safety/security leader in government, corporate or a combination of both
· A university degree in a security, strategy, political science/liberal arts, international affairs/relations or related field
· Fluency in English and another language spoken within the EMEA region
· Experience living (1+ years) in the EMEA region leading safety & security programs, while utilizing proficient language skills
· Experience leading people and the identified safety & security programs above, within and outside of the United Kingdom
· A strong network of corporate and government security contacts and resources
· Proven ability to engage effectively with senior, executive leadership; able to build stakeholder relationships via strong interpersonal skills
· Leadership experience managing and planning large budgets (both operational and capital expense)
· Experience building diverse teams and demonstrated focus and execution on enabling diversity in the workplace
· Strong physical and technical security skills, program leadership (international)
· The ability to travel, within and outside of the United Kingdom, up to 40%-50% of the time
· Strong written, interpersonal, verbal, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
· Strong working knowledge of security principals, risk assessment and risk management
· Proficiency in the use of computer and security related computer programs
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast, and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. As a relatively small and fast-growing public company, we offer you an unrivaled opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining a variety of rich experiences across disciplines.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are serious about winning. That’s why we’re America’s No. 1 TV streaming platform, successfully competing with companies many times our size. Whether you’re a software engineer or data scientist, an ad executive or marketer, a finance or HR expert, or any ...