Seasonal Spray Technician (March - October)
York County, ME
At Mainely Ticks, our purpose is to help protect the world where we live, work, and play.
Our Seasonal Spray Technicians are committed to this purpose.
Mainely Ticks provides tick and mosquito spray services to residential and commercial clients in accordance with industry/company standards, rules and regulations.We offer extensive training for our Seasonal Spray Technicians who deliver valuable service to customers every day.
Are you interested in a chance to expand your knowledge and grow your career as well as your financial opportunities? Then check out our position that can turn into so much more!
The Successful Candidate Will . . .
- Be courteous and customer service minded at all times.
- Productive use of service and travel time.
- Apply materials safely and effectively in accordance with all label, State, and Federal laws and/or regulations.
- Maintain care, custody, and control of company vehicle, equipment, materials, supplies, and records.
- Respond to unscheduled requests for service.
- Make phone calls necessary to maintain complete and open lines of communication to other service technicians, office staff, and customers.
- Attain and maintain State Pesticide Applicator licenses required by company in a timely manner.
- Spraying 8-12 properties each day.
- The ability to identifying areas of concern using a map of the property provided to you such as: areas of standing water, property lines, gardens, environmentally sensitive areas.
- Driving some days in excess of 75 miles.
- Document daily work activity including product use on hand-held device.
- Responsible for making sure safe work practices are performed at all times.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including compliance with Mainely Ticks, Inc. professional appearance requirements.
Serve as a key member of the local branch team!
- Competitive pay and a company vehicle upon route assignment
- Quality, comprehensive, paid training program
Technicians must be flexible with their workings hours, since tick and mosquito services are weather dependent. We strive to provide a routine work schedule for our Service Technicians and consider their personal needs. We must accommodate our customers needs, however, and this may result in extended working hours (50 plus per week) during the peak season of June through September. This may include Saturday and/or Sunday hours and last-minute requests for services at the end of the workday. During the off season (November thru March), demand for services is non-existent and technicians will be laid off.
We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen.
Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations.
Must have a positive mental attitude.
Ability to work as a team player.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
High school diploma or equivalent.
18 years of age or older.
Valid Maine drivers license and clean driving record.
Must pass a physical exam and drug screen, as required by company policy.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurements.
Problem solving and time management skills are necessary.
Must be able to pull up to 500 feet of hose.
Ability to work in extreme heat conditions (8-12 hours per day).
Ability to work Saturdays when necessary.
Must be able to work with pesticides.
Operate a larger motor vehicle according to company policy.
Use OHSA/label mandated personal protective equipment.
Keywords:competitive earnings, career, management, military, route manager, training, trainee, service, construction, driver, fleet, lawn, route, field, delivery, uniform, warehouse, retail, restaurant, hotel, apartment, uniform, route driver