Wildlife Specialist - Summer Internship
Cobb County, GA
Trutech Wildlife Service specializes in wildlife management services for residential and commercial properties, providing leading wildlife, animal and integrated pest management services across the nation since 1984. We work with wildlife and people alike to solve animal related issues in humane and environmentally conscious ways.
As a subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., we operate nationwide in over 30 states and are continuing to grow. If you are seeking career opportunities in wildlife sciences & management, biology, herpetology, entomology, forestry, range management, agriculture, environmental sciences, business, marketing or sales - this career path may suit you well!
During your PAID 10 weeks(June 1st Aug 7th 2020) as a Wildlife Specialist & Management Development Intern this summer, you will have hands on opportunities in our Atlanta, GA field location to leverage hands-on wildlife experience while learning our day-to-day operations. You will also gain experience and understanding of managerial roles and the development & delivery of customer service & sales techniques. As well as gain knowledge in key aspects of the industry and have exposure to our wildlife management professionals across the network. All interns will have the opportunity to become licensed Wildlife Control Operators.
Are you ready to JUMP START your career and gain valuable resume experience?
The successful Wildlife Specialist will experience:
- Conduct trapping sessions
- Perform integrated pest management services (IPM)
- Assess wildlife damage and conduct repairs
- Perform preventative services
- Organize routes and schedules
- Develop and conduct research tasks
- Employee relations and Team Building
- Company and Safety culture
- Coaching others
- Conduct inspections of service sites
- Prospect sales leads
- Develop and pitch proposals
- Form customer relations
- Full Time PAID internship of $13.00/hour for the 10 week assignment
- Industry leading, comprehensive training programs
Become licensed as a Wildlife Control Operator and leverage hands-on wildlife experience
Chance to learn and develop your professional skills and experiences
- Potential for career opportunities and ongoing education/certifications
- As the industry leader, we Protect People, Property and Wildlife
- The Wildlife Management Industry is growing and is a recession resistant line of business
- Our parent company Rollins, Inc., (NYSE: ROL), is financially stable and growing and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA
- Junior or rising Senior status. Selection preference to rising Seniors
- Candidates must be located in the greater Atlanta area and have reliable transportation to our home office in Marietta, GA for the duration of the 10-week program(June 1st Aug 7th 2020)
- We require the ability to pass a drug screen, physical and background check
Candidates must be physically capable ofsafelyperforming the following job duties:
- Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's guidelines
- Lift and carry up to 75 lbs
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, roof tops, etc.
- Work outdoors in various weather conditions