rsity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The Middletown Engine Center, Production Engine Test Facility is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Production Test Systems Engineer (PTSE) for our 2nd shift reporting to the PTSE Supervisor. This is a systems level position supporting all engine programs currently in production. The incumbent would be the Primary Building contact for the TSE on 2nd shift, coordinating with the production test engineers and test supervision.
- Respond to trouble calls for Test Stand Data System Issues.
- Assists in troubleshooting of Jet Engine Electrical Systems. Documents root cause and drives corrective action.
- Troubleshoot of test cell wiring and controls including Programmable Logic Controllers, Valves, Solenoids and Relays.
- Calibration, Maintenance and troubleshooting a variety of precision instrumentation, including Thermocouples, RTDs, Load Cells, RVDTs/Resolvers, Pressure Transducers, Pressure Gauges, Flowmeters and Weather Instrumentation.
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Data System Hardware, including PCs, Operator Interfaces, Local Networking, Audio/Visual Systems, Data Acquisition Hardware and Engine Control Equipment.
- Calibration, Disposition and Repair of electrical and mechanical hardware in support of the shop floor.
- Work closely with Production, Test Engineering, and Software groups to support daily operations, special test requirements (Pilot Lots, Etc.), and Test Process Improvements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field with significant electrical/computer background and 3+ years prior relevant experience, OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and 1+ years’ experience
- Experience working in a Production, Test, or Metrology Environment.
- US Person Status required due to government contract.
- Strong electronics background including analog and digital circuits, troubleshooting of circuit boards, and soldering skills. Interpretation of Test Stand and Engine Electrical Schematics required.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Environments and Github.
- Proficient in use of Laboratory test equipment, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, Function Generators, hydrometers, etc.
- Working knowledge of industrial and avionics communication protocols, including RS232, RS422, UART, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553 and Fiber Optics.
- Strong background in Computers and Networking including computer build and setup, LAN setup and TCP/IP networking.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms