United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We’ve introduced role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future. Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
This is based onsite in East Hartford, CT and requires an active U.S. Government Security Clearance.
- Interpret contract requirements and objectives to create a thorough IMS that is executable and meets customer, quality and EVMS requirements
- Implement and coordinate with Adaptive PP&S Manager the PP&S organization strategy through development and implementation of new products, processes and standards (ie EVM Transformation) in the classified environment.
- Owner of Primavera Tool Access and Permissions for CAMs, EV, Program Office and EVAR
- Provide consulting support to CAMs, EV, and Program Office by employing best practices to ensure timely and accurate status/forecasting of work; analyze program plans; assist in developing sound schedule baseline changes by analyzing, approving and integrating the changes
- Analyze program critical paths and facilitate root cause assessments to baseline execution variances with CAMs, resulting in sound analysis and mitigation. Recommend actions to program management based upon program metrics, trends and variances.
- Evaluate schedules for IMS quality according to DCMA requirements and suggest improvements to processes
- Lead program discussions and influence decisions in regards to compliance as it relates to the IMS and EV Systems Description
- Independently perform as program IMS lead in program reviews and meetings
- Partner with EV analysts and CAMs to ensure alignment between cost and schedule; influence partners in processes and compliance
- Create compliance scheduling procedures and standard work. Continuously expand technical knowledge to enhance innovation, productivity and process efficiency. Train others and communicate improvements to the PP&S organization.
- Support program risk/opportunity analysis as it relates to the IMS
- Lead the development and delivery of Schedule Risk Assessments and IMS baselines; communicate and influence internal and external customers regarding the process, assumptions and conclusions
- Lead, Coach and Mentor less senior schedulers on the NEST programs
- Develop working schedules for estimating
- A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years equivalent experience
- Equivalent expert and mastery level experience and knowledge to include:
- Working as a program level planner using logic-driven scheduling software such as Primavera, MS Project or Open Plan
- Demonstrated proficiency in schedule analysis. Experience analyzing for IMS quality (such as DCMA 14-point and DCMA DECM) and ability to produce valid critical paths, applying root cause analysis to variance recovery
- Knowledge in the application of integrated cost/schedule techniques on programs
- Knowledge of or experience in project management
- Must be proficient in MS Office Programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong creative problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking and time management skills
- Organized and self-motivated with excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple shifting priorities while meeting deadlines
- Actively hold a Government Security Clearance
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide
- Risk review process as it pertains to IMS quality and execution
- Interpreting contract requirements for translation into IMS
- Working on schedules that require baseline change control and monthly IPMR reporting
- Using a Monte Carlo schedule risk simulator (i.e. Primavera Risk Analysis, Acumen Fuse)
- Systems/project engineering concepts and practices
- Demonstrated understanding of EV management principles and their application to complex projects
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms