ght.** At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Opportunities exist on 3rd shift (Midnight -7am) Work 6.5 hours a night and get paid for 8 hours for you to join us as our next Assembly and Test Inspector!
You will be part of the Aftermarket Operations team supporting the overhaul of PW1100G-JM within the WPB facility.
Upon transition into the Aftermarket Operations team, it will be a requirement that the selected individual enter, and satisfactorily remain within the FAA covered work pool.
• Perform receiving inspections and perform the initial inventory of all accessory components on turbine engines delivered for MRO shop visit.
• Monitor, witness, document and review the inspection, assembly and testing of turbine engines and components, ensuring all requirements are met. Participate on special projects when required, with co-workers, supervisors, engineers, suppliers, customers and service groups to review, install or modify equipment and procedures, ensuring customer requirements are met.
• Stay in sync with the correct operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment, housekeeping, and safe work practices. Visually inspect turbine engine components, subassemblies, rigs and individual parts for anomalies such as errors in paperwork or obvious physical damage, including broken or improper safety wiring, nicks, dents or other damage and ensure that all openings are covered when required.
• Inspect engines and components for foreign objects and check test stands for surplus parts, hardware or loose debris. Perform necessary dimensional and visual inspections and verify measurements. Recognize and disposition non-conforming material in accordance with requirements. Refer variances to higher graded • Inspector or Supervisor. Conduct audits when required and report findings.
• Inspect components and hardware removed from the engine to determine serviceability in accordance with the applicable technical data. (EMM, CMM)
• Review customer requirements, incoming paperwork, SAP, and Solumina for applicable Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives. Make disposition decisions based on the applicability of those SBs and ADs.Well-rounded knowledge of aero-propulsion systems; including but not limited to, hardware, components, instrumentation installations, and test stand configurations. This role requires up to one year work related experience ability to interpret and work from complicated drawings, specifications, procedures, and instructions to fabricate, configure, install, remove/replace and set up a variety of power systems, components, modules, test stands, and associated equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1+ year aviation inspection experience
U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract
• 1+ year inspection experience in Overhaul and Repair
• 3+ years' experience working in Aviation Engine Repair
• A&P License or Military Equivalent Experience
Pratt & Whitney West Palm Beach is a FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S. Departments of Transportation's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA's regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company's performance.
This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.
RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms