ive, forward-thinking environment.
- Tackle complex design and certification challenges with a vision for success.
- Make a tangible impact on civil and military certification environments.
What We're Looking For:
- A passionate leader with an action-oriented mindset and a collaborative spirit. Experience in design, test, verification, and validation across avionics technologies.
- Flexibility to adapt to diverse customer needs in various markets.
- Ability to distill complex challenges into actionable strategies.
- Involvement in bid and proposal work, shaping the future of avionics innovation.
- Develop product architectures and design approaches.
- Lead technology development and maturation.
- Contribute to technical proposal development.
- Shape technology and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate closely with wider Avionics engineering organizations.
- Review Systems Engineering artifacts across multiple products and platforms.
- Support development of certification strategy and compliance activities.
- Contribute to the certification of products in military and civil environments.
- Provide mentorship to systems engineers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Troubleshoot, perform fault isolation, root cause analysis, and delegate to functional teams.
- Some domestic and international travel expected.
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 12 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience
- A degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering is preferred
- Development experience spanning the entire product life-cycle
- Experience with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements: TSO, DO-160, DO-254, DO-178B/C, DO-297, ARP-4754A, AC 20-170
- Useful working knowledge of https://25.1309, ARP-4761 safety analysis, FHA, FMEA, Fault tree analysis, and methods of integrating safety analyses of IMA platforms into the airplane functions using those shared resources
- Demonstrated success in balancing system performance and affordability
- https://U.S. Person (https://U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee) or eligible to obtain necessary export authorizations required.
- Must be able to obtain a https://U.S. DoD Security Clearance
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
This role is also eligible for the Re-Empower Program. The Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 14-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return-to-work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance and contributions participants will be eligible for a career at RTX.
Minimum Program Qualifications To qualify for the Raytheon Technologies, Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
- Be on a career break of one or more year at time of application
- Have prior experience in functional area of interest
- Have interest in returning in either a full-time or part-time position
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms