versity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) is seeking a proactive, goal oriented, and detail-focused project engineer to work on a Military Development program supporting the future of the PW Military engine business for decades to come. In this role, you'll be responsible for development program task execution on the HPC Module hardware.
- Coordinate and lead one or more Agile Scrum teams to meet task and technical requirements as well as identify and addresses project problems and recommends resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Plan and manage budget for all hardware and tasks.
- Facilitates project tasks with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives and perform risk assessments and develop mitigation plans.
- Prepare/present status and technical content to CSE Leadership, CIPT, and Pratt & Whitney Upper Management.
- Initiate and manage hardware procurement/industrial effort as the engineering technical contact as well as coordinate evaluation and disposition of quality non-conformances and supplier requests for information.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field with 5+ years of engineering experience OR
- Advanced degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Working proficiency with MS Office, SAP, MS Project / scheduling software.
- Working knowledge of project management.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required.
- https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry, specifically gas turbine engines, is highly desirable.
- Previous gas turbine compressor experience.
- Previous experience supporting engine development programs is a plus.
- Experience as a CAM (Control Account Manager) for government contracts.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations, and management.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, technical writing, and engineering presentations to all levels.
- Self-motivated and willing to take on challenging initiatives.
- Team player who also works well independently and will be highly adaptable to changing business needs.
- Demonstration of skills consistent with the Pratt & Whitney Leadership Operating Model.
- Experience in Agile Project Management, specifically Scrum. Experience working with Jira software package. Working knowledge of Teamcenter
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms