yber and communications infrastructure. HIRT provides DHS's front line response for cyber incidents and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity.
CIS as a prime contractor to DHS, performs HIRT investigations to develop a preliminary diagnosis of the severity of breaches. CIS provides HIRT remote and onsite advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation and resolution using host-based and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities.
CIS is supporting a U.S. Government customer to provide support for onsite incident response to civilian Government agencies and critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution. Contract personnel provide front line response for digital forensics/incident response (DFIR) and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity. CIS is seeking a Cyber Forensic Analyst to support this critical customer mission.
- Acquiring/collecting computer artifacts (e.g., malware, user activity, link files, etc.) from systems in support of onsite engagements
- Assessing evidentiary value by triaging electronic devices
- Correlating forensic findings with network events to further develop an intrusion narrative
- When available, collecting and documenting system state information (running processes, network connections, etc.) prior to imaging
- Performing incident triage from a forensic perspective to include determining scope, urgency and potential impact
- Tracking and documenting forensic analysis from initial involvement through final resolution
- Collecting, processing, preserving, analyzing and presenting computer related evidence
- Coordinating with others within the Government and with customer personnel to validate/investigate alerts or other preliminary findings
- Conducting analysis of forensic images and other available evidence and drafting forensic write-ups for inclusion in reports and other written products
- Assisting in documenting and publishing Computer Network Defense guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
- Assisting in preliminary analysis by tracing an activity to its source and documenting findings for input into a forensic report
- Documenting original condition of digital and/or associated evidence by taking photographs and collecting hash information
- Assisting team members in imaging digital media
- Assisting in gathering, accessing and assessing evidence from electronic devices using forensic tools and knowledge of operating systems
- Using hashing algorithms to validate forensic images
- Working with mentor to identify and understand adversary TTPs
- Assisting team members in analyzing the behaviors of malicious software
- Under direct guidance and coaching if needed, locating critical items in various file systems to aid more senior personnel in their analysis
- Performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to computer security
- Using leading edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected cyber intrusions
- Following proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Producing written reports documenting digital forensic findings
- Determining programs that have been executed, finding files that have been changed on disk and in memory
- Using timestamps and logs (host and network) to develop authoritative timelines of activity
- Finding evidence of deleted files and hidden data
- Identifying and documenting case relevant file-system artifacts (browser histories, account usage and USB histories, etc.)
- Creating forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic image) to use for data recovery and analysis
- Performing all-source research for similar or related network events or incidents.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading edge technologies and industry standard forensic tools
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Able to write cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Experience with the analysis and characterization of cyber attacks
- Experience with proper evidence handing procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledgeable in proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Experience with two or more of the following tools:
--- Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
--- Other EDR Tools (Crowdstrike, Carbon Black, etc)
- Experience with conducting all-source research.
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- GCFA, GCFE, EnCE, CCE, CFCE, CISSP
The salary range for this role is 77,000 USD - 163,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company's performance.
This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.
RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms