our full potential, RTX is committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, investors and communities to succeed.
The following position is to join RTX Corporate:
Corporate Strategy & Development (CS&D) is responsible for shaping the future strategic direction of the company in addition to identifying and vetting potential M&A targets for the company. CS&D reports directly to RTX’s President & CEO and the team serves as advisors to RTX leadership on the highest value issues and opportunities facing the company.
This position will involve analyzing global budgets and markets to identify the opportunities for RTX, assessing trends and deriving insights from the market, supporting Investor Relations with earnings call and investor day preparation, and to working cooperatively within the Corporate Strategy team and with multiple other teams across the enterprise.
The candidate must be a highly analytical, structured thinker who has the ability to take initiative, set and communicate strategic priorities, take ownership of projects and drive results.
- Lead and manage the team responsible for collecting and analyzing the RTX market data, collaborating across BUs to ensure alignment across RTX
- Understand the DoD budget process and analyze the annual Presidential Budget Request.
- Understand international defense budget processes and analyze markets to identify opportunities for RTX.
- Derive meaning from data using MS Excel, Tableau, and MS Dynamics and develop scenario analyses.
- Understand market segmentation purposes, applications, and development.
- Understand the strategic objectives of the organization and communicate them clearly to the team.
- Anticipate outcomes and exercise judgement leveraging a strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Supporting the preparation of senior-level briefings, which involves rolling up detailed data into “what it means for RTX” and then communicating insights at the right level for senior decision makers.
- Maintain a Microsoft Dynamics-based budget and market database, to include regular quality control practices to ensure fidelity of the data.
- University Degree and a minimum 10 years of work experience
- Strong oral, written, and listening skills.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills (prioritization, critical thinking, hypothesis creation, etc.).
- Ability to think pragmatically – not just theoretically – and drive execution of concepts.
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong ability/experience in developing relationships; able to develop credibility and earn respect with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to set an agenda and drive a team to execution.
- Ability to obtain a US DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
- TS/SCI level clearance
- MBA and/or advanced degree from a nationally recognized program.
- Experience with data analytics tools, including databases and visualization software (https://i.e., Tableau, PowerBI, Microsoft Dynamics)
Location: This position will be on-site located in Arlington, VA however, remote work may be considered.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms