United States of America
CA320: El https://Seg.-So. Campus Bldg E01 2000 East El Segundo Boulevard Building E01, El Segundo, CA, 90245 USA
Position Role Type:
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Global Positioning System (GPS) Lead Systems Engineer. The Resilient Navigation Systems product line is responsible for providing https://U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions—free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, unmanned systems, precision weapons, and ground systems. These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers.
For the Resilient-Embedded Global Positioning System (GPS)/Inertial Navigation System (INS) R-EGI program, the Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) position works across disciplines and domains (Software, Systems Engineering, Hardware and Systems Security) and with the customer. The LSE works with each discipline to define specifications, translate these to domain/discipline requirements (design, performance and interface), identify Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) and Key Performance Parameters (KPPs), and lead Integration and Test (I&T) and Verification and Validation (V&V) activities to insure performance per requirements. The Resilient Navigation (RNAV) Systems Department supports the development of new capabilities, the LSE will interface with the Chief Engineer (CE), and Program Office/Program Manager for these advanced system solutions during the Definition, Development, Integration and Test, Production, and Product Sell Off phases.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 12 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience
• Provide technical leadership in GPS systems development, test, and producibility
• Work closely with engineering functional and technical management to ensure on time deliveries
• Experience with customer specifications for HW, SW, and System performance
• Experience with Specification decomposition to Requirements
• Experience originating Systems Test procedures for I&T, V&V; and unit/module procedures for Special Test Equipment (STE)
• Experience with lab processes, hardware testing, hardware module/unit/system Qualification and Test
• Experienced at leading hardware, and software integration and system verification efforts necessary for the efficient integration and test, and sell-off of radar systems
• Candidate will be a technical point of contact for engineering issues related to Cost and Schedule performance, and Risk avoidance on a development effort. Candidate working with CE ensures that technical issues are understood, addressed immediately and technical solutions/corrective actions are implemented expeditiously.
• Performs system testing, test reporting, updating of test procedures and generation of sell-off reports. Supports technical solution characterization, and reviews/contributes to/approves technical resolutions. Supports System, Software, Test Equipment requirements generation. Knowledgeable in systems engineering, systems architecture and IV&V engineering principles. Ability to work in a high paced, high demand laboratory and Production environment.
• Experience with GPS and Navigation systems and relevant experience with GPS Receiver system design, integration, test, verification and validation
• Experience with Special Test Equipment and Production Readiness
• Experience decomposing Specifications to System performance, interface, I&T, and V&V requirements for protected and hardened systems
• Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering techniques and processes
• Experience executing Integration and Test procedures on GPS-based receiver systems; troubleshooting lab and system/software/HW stability issues; and developing solutions to the problems
• ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance
• Active and transferable https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date
• https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
• Experience with GPS receiver RF and digital electrical hardware development and integration, or equivalent experience with RF systems
• Experience with ASIC development practices
• Background in RF signal processing
• Demonstrated knowledge of GPS user equipment and /or inertial navigation systems architecture, requirements, design, algorithms or performance analysis
• Knowledge of GPS/navigation system test methodology, requirements, and methods
• Work in a Development, System Test and Sell-off, and Production environment involving Hardware/Software
• The position requires a solid understanding of test methodologies, system architecture(s) and troubleshooting
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This is an ONSITE position. Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
The salary range for this role is 152,000 USD - 304,000 USD; however, RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms