United States of America
AZ802: RMS AP Bldg 802 1151 East Hermans Road Building 802, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
Position Role Type:
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
As a Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC) Cross Program Lead (CPL) for the Naval Shipboard Missile Systems (NSMS) mission area’s Common Development effort, you will be part of the core leadership team for developing common products. These products will support algorithm, software, and simulation development and qualification for all programs currently using a common and deployed variant of hardware.
The Common Development team is responsible for delivering qualified, tactical software including algorithm development, verified and validated simulations, performance predictions, and analysis. The Common Development team consists of six discipline-based groups, each with a CPL, covering the following areas: Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC), Signal Processing, Software, Simulation, Performance, and Hardware-in-the-Loop. The CPL will work closely with the Chief Product Owner to leverage commonality to support multiple customers, programs, and contracts. The CPL will interface with the program-level IPT Lead to support the earned value process.
The Cross Program Team consists of 15 or more individual contributors and sub team leads. The person selected for this role will be the technical authority ensuring consistent and common software and simulation products can be delivered to multiple external customers. They will participate in defining common development team goals and initiatives, provide employee feedback and mentoring, and support daily program operations.
This position is an onsite role in Tucson, AZ.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Lead a team of 15 or more individual contributors and sub-team leads.
- This role will guide the development of GNC software products, algorithms, and simulations to deliver a production-ready design within a challenging schedule.
- Provide technical and schedule direction for GNC products across multiple programs to include:
- Prepare detailed plans (task objective, expected output, budget requirements, and schedules)
- Interact with program counterparts as an authority on GNC products.
- Review deliverables for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
- Produce documentation related to design and release of software artifacts.
- Collaborate with other CPLs to plan development of incremental capability, facilitating delivery of cohesive software and simulation releases.
- Provide technical expertise for GNC products across common development programs.
- Mentor and guide team members, including engagement with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Engage with internal program stakeholders to ensure product deliverables satisfy their needs.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of prior guidance, navigation and/or controls engineering experience.
- A minimum of 1 year experience performing development activities within the NSMS portfolio.
- Experience managing others in a technical and/or functional capacity within an engineering environment.
- Experience developing GNC algorithms and related models for missile applications.
- Experience with at least three of the following:
- high-fidelity simulations
- embedded software including real-time GNC algorithm development
- evaluating missile performance including model development and Monte Carlo assessments
- signal processing, tracking and/or discriminating systems for missile applications.
- Experience with C/C++ and MATLAB or Python
- Active and transferable https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, across all levels of the organization and other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to manage time and resources to consistently meet demanding schedules and priorities
- Champion for process improvement.
- Experience as a team lead facilitating design and development.
- Results-oriented work ethic and able to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Experience with Agile Software development methods. (https://e.g., Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
- Experience using scripting languages
- Experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations.
- Experience with hardware/software integration.
- Experience developing and presenting technical briefings.
What We Offer**:**
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms