d Simulation for Raytheon's broad portfolio of projects, programs and products. In the GNC department, we design, integrate, and optimize guidance, navigation, state estimation, and control algorithms to meet mission objectives. We support new business initiatives and help develop & execute technology roadmaps.
Our GNC Department is hiring for a Senior Principal Engineer to perform in the role of GNC Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME).
As the GNC Technical SME for the program, you will be responsible the development of GNC algorithms, analyze weapon system performance in simulated and real-world test environments including the weapons’ Launch Acceptability Regions (LAR). In addition, develop and maintain an Object-Oriented Six-Degrees-of-Freedom (6DOF) simulation for a range of use cases including algorithm development, system-performance analyses, requirements verification, trade studies, Mission Planning, and real-time weapon test facilities (https://e.g., Hardware-in-the-Loop). Lastly, you will offer experience and guidance to help the program spin up, train new engineers, and execute efficiently and effectively.
This position is located in Tucson, AZ.
This position is a Hybrid role.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- The GNC SME will guide the team through several phases of product lifecycle such as designs, test, and analysis for multiple work-products.
- You will evaluate and document subsystem requirements and test plans; peer reviews of work products such as a presentation to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause failure investigations.
- You will provide mentoring and guidance to all team members.
- You will apply extensive experience in task leadership and system level design, integration, and verification.
- You will support missile guidance tasks including guidance law development, state estimation, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping, and miss distance performance optimization.
- You will participate in navigation tasks including system trade studies, component modeling of inertial measurement units (IMU), M-CODE global positioning systems (GPS), as well as simulation of navigation algorithms, particularly Kalman filters.
- You will work with embedded software including real-time GNC algorithm development for missiles system products.
- You will support missile performance analysis including model development, system optimization, and Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of Guidance, Navigation and/or Controls related engineering experience.
- Experience including at least two of the following: digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, Monte Carlo, or signal processing.
- Experience with Matlab, C, C++, and/or Object Oriented design
- Active and transferable https://U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date. https://U.S. citizenship is required, as only https://U.S. citizens are eligible for a security.
- An advanced degree in STEM
- Results-oriented work ethic and able to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Experience leading, training and/or mentoring engineers
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and decision making skills
- Previous technical leadership role
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite_: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products._
- Hybrid_: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader._
- Remote_: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed._
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms