nd or intrusion related attempts
• Provide subject matter expertise on network based attacks, network traffic analysis, and intrusion methodologies
• Analyze attachments and URLs for malicious code
• Conduct forensic analysis on systems which may have been compromised
• Work with law enforcement if needed for handoff of forensic evidence
• Execute operational processes in support of response efforts to identified security incidents
*5+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor's degree
*Must be able to obtain a sensitive security clearance
• At least 3+ years of IT security work experience and a Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years' experience in network traffic analysis
• Strong working knowledge of:
-Network Level Exploits
• Knowledge of Control Frameworks and Risk Management techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS technologies, trends, vendors, processes and methodologies
• Strong understanding of common IDS/IPS architectures and implementations
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS signatures, content creation and signature characteristics including both signature and anomaly-based analysis and detection
• The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government issued security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Desired Certifications (one or more of the following is desired):
DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, or CCNA, GCFA, GREM, GNFA, GCIH, GSEC, or GSE
Requires advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Practical to substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions:
Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
About Cybersecurity, Intelligence and Services
The Cybersecurity, Intelligence and Services (CIS) business provides technically advanced full-spectrum cyber, data operations, systems integration and intelligence mission support services to meet our customers' most demanding challenges. Our capabilities include cyber space operations, cyber defense and resiliency, vulnerability research, ubiquitous technical surveillance, data intelligence, lifecycle mission enablement, and software modernization. CIS brings disruptive technologies, agility, and competitive offerings to customers in the intelligence community, defense, civil, and commercial markets
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
Relocation Eligible: No
Sign On Bonus Eligible: No
The salary range for this role is 77,000 USD - 163,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.
Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.
Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company's performance.
This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.
RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms