y, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney AutoAir is the Raytheon Technologies composite manufacturing center of excellence for aerospace Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Maintenance, Repair Operations (MRO) products, and is a sourced supplier on several new engine programs with noteworthy growth in the coming years.
This is a 2nd shift position Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm
- Visually and dimensionally inspecting aerospace components, using calipers and micrometers and other testing equipment.
- Communicating inspection findings to management or designated quality engineering personnel.
- Determining the scope of work and inspecting Aftermarket and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts.
- Interpreting blueprints, visual specifications, coating specifications, and other inspection documents.
- Relating inspection findings on actual components to blueprint requirements and specification requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to work any shift, including first, second, third, and/or weekends.
- Possess basic computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- https://U.S. Person or eligible to obtain necessary export authorizations required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 months experience in manufacturing environment or completed A&P certification.
- 3 months experience with care and use of calipers, micrometers and other precision measuring instrumentation.
- 3 months experience Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Must be a https://U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Pratt & Whitney Lansing, MI is a FAA regulated facility and as such under the https://U.S. Departments of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing as a pre-employment contingency and also subject to ongoing random testing as an employee per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms