proper inspection techniques.
- Reads, interprets, and utilizes Quality policies, procedures, blueprints, and other documentation.
- Performs receiving, in-process, final inspection & 1st article approval of manufactured, assembled, and tested hardware and components.
- Operates computer systems to perform inspection tasks (https://e.g., Via Search, JD Edwards, One World, Engineering Information System, labor charging).
- Verifies all work order documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Administers visual and physical inspections of units and subassemblies.
- Responsible for First Article Inspections and completes related documentation.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with files management.
- Document characteristics of products accurately and with technical detail.
- Required to pass color/vision test
- Required to stand for 6+ hours per day
- Self-directed and action-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively to other Collins Aerospace personnel any quality issues needing resolution.
- Safely Preforms other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Experience Needed:
- HS diploma with a minimum of 1 year of manufacturing Inspection experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 3 years of manufacturing Inspection experience is required.
- https://U.S. Person (https://U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee) or eligible to obtain necessary export authorizations required
- Experience performing detailed product inspections using blueprints and specifications.
- Experience performing measurements with Precision measurement tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Knowledge of basic computer software (word and excel).
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages
- The ability to utilize computer systems including input of data and retrieval of information for inspections and configuration purposes.
- The ability to review documents and to identify and resolve any errors or missing information
- Ability to use operating software including SAP
- 3+ years in an Aerospace or similar inspection role
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable, and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation, inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
*Please ensure the role type (defined below) is appropriate for your needs before applying to this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child, and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms