committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, investors and communities to succeed.
The following position is to join our RTX Corporate, Enterprise Services, Research Center, or BBN team:
Summary of Role:
The LAN network engineer troubleshoots and optimizes network communications systems to ensure maximum uptime for users. Role can include designing system configurations, testing network devices, documenting, and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as required.
- Participates in the design, installation, maintenance, administration, and support of Raytheon’s networks in a complex multi-protocol network environment.
- Completes preventative maintenance to maintain service operation in line with operating standards and service level agreements, including configuration and device hardening.
- Responsible for implementing less complex and routine changes and conforming to operational processes (such as Incident, Problem and Change) procedures and standards.
- Adheres to and contributes to the improvement of documentation, processes, and procedures.
- Participates in the implementation of projects and programs, ensuring compliance with necessary governance processes.
- Experience in supporting scalable and highly available distributed networks.
- Demonstrated capability in problem solving and troubleshooting network systems.
- LAN switch experience - CISCO IOS knowledge is required.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting QoS, IPAM, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF routing, switching in an enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with network monitoring and management tools and understanding of industry best practices for LAN.
- Ability to work with available information to drive resolution to incidents, problems, and requests.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Able to clearly communicate status, risks and issues to peers and leadership.
- Ability to travel and provide On Call support out of normal working hours on a rotational basis.
- Prior experience of defense or highly regulated technical industry.
- Cisco CCNP, CCDA Certification
- Typically requires a university degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience or an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience
HYBRID Farmington, CT
Required Immigration Status:
US Citizen or US Person required.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms